Velocity Reviews

-   -   SP 2 minor problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t207547-sp-2-minor-problem.html)

Fourdogs 09-06-2004 12:02 AM

SP 2 minor problem

After the install of SP 2, my XP Pro splash screen does not say
"Professional". It just has the generic XP screen. In control
panel>system, it is correctly identified as XP Pro. Anybody else see
this change?
--

regards,
4D

Yddap 09-06-2004 12:03 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

In news:413BA906.612EAAD@excite.com,
Fourdogs <nospam*@excite.com> opined:
> After the install of SP 2, my XP Pro splash screen does not say
> "Professional". It just has the generic XP screen. In control
> panel>system, it is correctly identified as XP Pro. Anybody else see
> this change?

same with Home and Pro now just " XP" post SP2
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

WormWood 09-06-2004 01:35 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

"Fourdogs" <nospam*@excite.com> wrote in message
> After the install of SP 2, my XP Pro splash screen does not say
> "Professional". It just has the generic XP screen. In control
> panel>system, it is correctly identified as XP Pro. Anybody else see
> this change?

No change except 'SP2' is now added to the XP Professional in place of
SP1. I just finished the upgrade only minutes ago.

Jerry G. 09-06-2004 02:18 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

I would be curious to know if MS Office is still working proper. Also, if
all the USB ports are working as well.

I have had a lot of feedback of problems in these two areas, and many more
with SP2.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

WormWood 09-06-2004 03:56 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

WormWood 09-06-2004 03:59 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

USB, Office unaffected in any way, both are performing just like before
the upgrade.

Billh 09-06-2004 04:07 AM

Re: SP 2 minor problem

Yes that is right both Home and Pro are gone from the boot screen. I don't
know why MS did that but is was by design.