Velocity Reviews

-   -   I'VE CRASHED!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t207522-ive-crashed.html)

Bob 09-05-2004 04:48 PM

I'VE CRASHED!!!

Hi gang,

Does anyone know how to Unfreeze a crashed computer. When I had
Win98SE as far as I can remember there used to be an option when
pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL called antifreeze. As I'm writing this I'v just
remembered that I had Norton System installed with 98SE so that's
probably why.

I am now using Win2K. Apart from using Norton can anyone suggest any
other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

Thanks
Bob

why? 09-05-2004 05:04 PM

Re: I'VE CRASHED!!!

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:48:16 GMT, Bob wrote:

>Hi gang,
>
>Does anyone know how to Unfreeze a crashed computer. When I had
>Win98SE as far as I can remember there used to be an option when
>pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL called antifreeze. As I'm writing this I'v just
>remembered that I had Norton System installed with 98SE so that's
>probably why.
>
>I am now using Win2K. Apart from using Norton can anyone suggest any
>other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

Ctrl+Alt+Del to get task manager. It's sometimes possible to kill a
process. Otherwise, not in any particular order,

reset button
on/off switch and
take out/re-insert power cable.

Me

moi 09-05-2004 06:42 PM

Re: I'VE CRASHED!!!

Start in safe mode

olgmj0ldbi8ptd1ooqocspa2ln6te9fn2m@4ax.com...

127.0.0.1 09-06-2004 12:55 AM

Re: I'VE CRASHED!!!

"Bob" <chris.williams555@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi gang,
>
> Does anyone know how to Unfreeze a crashed computer. When I had
> Win98SE as far as I can remember there used to be an option when
> pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL called antifreeze. As I'm writing this I'v just
> remembered that I had Norton System installed with 98SE so that's
> probably why.
>
> I am now using Win2K. Apart from using Norton can anyone suggest any
> other methods of recovering the system from a crash?

on another pc with a cd burner:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

my favourite tech utility for crashed HDD

-a|ex