Velocity Reviews

-   -   alt.binaries? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t207126-alt-binaries.html)

anOLDun 08-31-2004 02:08 AM

alt.binaries?

Hi
I am trying to DL a comic - strip from a newsgroup.

Of course it is all in gobbeldegook.

I have forgotten how to de-scramble........

I selected four of the "multiple posts" then hit the combine and decode
button it went through the four but when it had finished now cartoon
appeared.

What did i do wrong?

cheers

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor 08-31-2004 04:27 AM

Re: alt.binaries?

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
31 Aug 2004 03:08:54 +0100, "anOLDun" <oldun@freeserve.INVALID>
screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

>Hi
>I am trying to DL a comic - strip from a newsgroup.
>
>Of course it is all in gobbeldegook.
>
>I have forgotten how to de-scramble........
>
>I selected four of the "multiple posts" then hit the combine and decode
>button it went through the four but when it had finished now cartoon
>appeared.
>
>What did i do wrong?

You probably didn't do anything wrong. It depends on what format the
file was uploaded as. You might not have the right program to decipher
the type of graphics file it is. Could be the way it's coded and it
requires something more flexible than Outlook to download and
recombine it like Newsbin Pro or Agent.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor