Velocity Reviews

-   -   What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t207104-what-is-the-best-product-to-clean-toilet-bowl-ring-from-hard-water-stain.html)

Arawak 08-30-2004 09:14 PM

What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water
Stain?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Arawak

Jamco 08-30-2004 09:35 PM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

regclean works well

joevan 08-30-2004 09:43 PM

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:35:50 GMT, "Jamco" <Homer@jamcojams.com> wrote:

>regclean works well
>"Arawak"

I didn't think of that one. That is good. I was going to suggest
hydrochloric acid 100%. Adding a bit to the toilet bowl is ok but
don't allow a drop of water in the acid bottle or you get a big
problem. Seriously.
joevan

Hamman 08-30-2004 10:07 PM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

"Arawak" <This.Is.A.Fake.address@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water
> Stain?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> Arawak

Mix some hydochloric acid based toilet cleaner with some bleach based
cleaner.

That'll sort it out.

hamman

joevan 08-30-2004 10:26 PM

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:07:48 +0100, "Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote:

>"Arawak" <This.Is.A.Fake.address@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:u767j0hb73tcgd8ij5ut66lj3bbonupco1@4ax.com.. .
>> What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water
>> Stain?
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>> Arawak

>Mix some hydochloric acid based toilet cleaner with some bleach based
>cleaner.
>
>That'll sort it out.
>
>hamman

Ugggh, Please be careful with chlorine. It'l kill ya in a few minutes
in a closed area. Seriously, some old people have used bleach and
toiled bowl cleaners and stayed in the small area too long or maybe
just long enough.
Not a nice way to go.
joevan

Ant 08-30-2004 11:35 PM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

Acid + Alkaline, not good.

Adiamo Vamanos 08-31-2004 12:01 AM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

Arawak <This.Is.A.Fake.address@hotmail.com> wrote in

> What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water
> Stain?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> Arawak

My mommie says the best and safest way to do it is to get yourself some
"OxyClean" from WalMart then you heat up about a quart of water, but not
to boiling all the way, just very hot, then dissolve about 5 or 6 or 7
scoops of the OxyClean into the hot water, but if it's boiling too much,
the OxyClean will want to bubble out so either use a nice big container,
or be very careful about the heat, but you need the heat to dissolve the
OxyClean all the way then just pour it into the toilet water bowl with
the water thats allreaddy there and wait for a few hours or overnight and
it will be very clean again without scrubbing or anything.

Mike K. 08-31-2004 02:43 AM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

Yea, do it if you want to clean the gene pool. You sure would be a Darwin
candidate.

KnowBody 08-31-2004 03:04 AM

Ant wrote:
> Acid + Alkaline, not good.

If you want acid + alkaline: HCl + cleaning ammonia. :)

Dunno why so many say clean with HCl... Most toilet bowl cleaners
I've seen DO have HCl....

To answer original poster, I get good results with SnoBol
(It contains 14.5% HCl... not the highest I've seen but works well.)

Also good to clean regularly so the hard water stains build up
to an insane level.

KnowBody - wonders why he bothers with these silly posts...

Unk 08-31-2004 03:22 AM

Re: What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water Stain?

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:07:48 +0100, "Hamman" <none@example.com> wrote:

>"Arawak" <This.Is.A.Fake.address@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:u767j0hb73tcgd8ij5ut66lj3bbonupco1@4ax.com.. .
>> What is the best product to Clean Toilet bowl ring from Hard Water
>> Stain?
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>> Arawak

>Mix some hydochloric acid based toilet cleaner with some bleach based
>cleaner.
>
>That'll sort it out.
>
>hamman

Chlorine gas (Cl2) (cl2)
A yellowish green gas with an unpleasant and irritating smell.
Attacks the eyes and mucous membranes.
Contact with the skin causes severe burns.
Causes fatal lung damage.
Considered a weapon of mass distruction.