Velocity Reviews

-   -   networking (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t206951-networking.html)

jd 08-28-2004 10:35 PM

networking

i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i hve is
a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
them so we can be on the computers at the same time
with no problems , thanks

DC 08-28-2004 10:41 PM

Re: networking

http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

Duane Arnold 08-28-2004 10:55 PM

Re: networking

"jd" <image324@yahoo.com> wrote in

> i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i
> hve is a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> with no problems , thanks

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm

You should dump the hub and get a router.

Duane :)

127.0.0.1 08-29-2004 03:04 AM

Re: networking

"Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9553B65D88674notmenotmecom@204.127.204.17. ..
> "jd" <image324@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i
> > hve is a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> > if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> > them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> > with no problems , thanks
> >

> http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/guidshrh.htm
>
> You should dump the hub and get a router.
>
> http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-NAT.asp
>
> Duane :)

routing will confuse him even more...
2 pc's running a 10/100 hub will not lose noticeable performance.

-a|ex

127.0.0.1 08-29-2004 03:06 AM

Re: networking

"jd" <image324@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:yM7Yc.7537$%D6.2932@twister.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> i have 2 computers running xp home i want to networking them all i hve

is
> a Linlsys 10/100 hub can anyone tell me
> if their is a site i can go to to show me how to network
> them so we can be on the computers at the same time
> with no problems , thanks

if you have the manual for the hub, it should show you a network diagram.
if not, linksys has the info you need on their site.

-a|ex