Velocity Reviews

-   -   Availability of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for vehicles in Spain (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t206605-availability-of-liquid-petroleum-gas-lpg-for-vehicles-in-spain.html)

FNF 08-23-2004 06:06 PM

Availability of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for vehicles in Spain

Does anyone out there know if I can fill up with LPG while driving through
Spain?
Or in Gibraltar?
I'm talking about refuelling at a petrol/gas station, not trying to adapt
bottled gas containers.
Anyone know if, and where? And possibly, why not?

It's okay in France, but over the border it appears to be a very different
situation, or so I've found this far.

Many thanks for all polite suggestions,
Mike Young

Blinky the Shark 08-23-2004 07:23 PM

Re: Availability of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for vehicles in Spain

FNF wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if I can fill up with LPG while driving
> through Spain?

Sounds risky -- airborne tanker crews have to spend a lot of hours
training to make those hookups, and it seems like it would be even
trickier between two vehicles on a bumpy road.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d

Sjolleman 08-25-2004 09:18 PM

Re: Availability of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for vehicles in Spain

"FNF" <factnotfiction@btinternet.com> schreef in bericht
> Does anyone out there know if I can fill up with LPG while driving

through
> Spain?
> Or in Gibraltar?
> I'm talking about refuelling at a petrol/gas station, not trying to

adapt
> bottled gas containers.
> Anyone know if, and where? And possibly, why not?
>
> It's okay in France, but over the border it appears to be a very

different
> situation, or so I've found this far.
>
> Many thanks for all polite suggestions,
> Mike Young

I found on
http://www.anwb.nl/vakantie/buitenla...erkeer&land=es
Bijzonderheden bij het tanken
Sinds begin 2004 mag lpg ook aan particulieren worden verkocht. U ****
dus weer lpg tanken.

It says on the site of the dutch AA:

Since early 20044 lpg can be sold to private persons. Nothing further.
It is in Spain usually in industrial areas. You might need an adapter
for connection.

mallorca 03-23-2007 01:56 AM

lpg gas for cars

driver: Hi no luck here to date mallorca is bare seems only for boats no adaptors.
If any one can help please let me know L P G gas wanted

mallorca 03-26-2007 05:28 AM

lpg gpl is in Arta, son ferra Palma & Bunyola still have to buy.