Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I get rid of Windows Messenger icon???? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t206543-how-do-i-get-rid-of-windows-messenger-icon.html)

Daveyboy 08-22-2004 06:20 PM

How do I get rid of Windows Messenger icon????

HI,

I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
taskbar........it's annoying..........

Any ideas???

Thanks

scram 08-22-2004 06:38 PM

Re: How do I get rid of Windows Messenger icon????

> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
> when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
> other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
> Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
> IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
> taskbar........it's annoying..........

Try this, open the windows messenger window, click tools, options, click
preferences tab, un-click "run windows messenger when windows starts".

Daveyboy 08-22-2004 07:49 PM

Attn: Scram Re: How do I get rid of Windows Messenger icon????

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:38:40 -0700, "scram" <scram@anon.com> wrote:

>> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
>> when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
>> other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
>> Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
>> IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
>> taskbar........it's annoying..........

>Try this, open the windows messenger window, click tools, options, click
>preferences tab, un-click "run windows messenger when windows starts".

Thanks............it's GONE!!!

PC 08-24-2004 01:00 AM

Daveyboy wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
> when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
> other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
> Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
> IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
> taskbar........it's annoying..........
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks

I see from other post's you've sorted the problem but:

If anyone else has problems 'stopping' Messenger try installing
'Adaware' and the 'messenger' plugin.

Excellent choice if you want to be able to turn it on and off.

Cheers
Paul

Scrote 08-24-2004 07:52 AM

PC wrote:
>> Daveyboy wrote:
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side)
>>> and when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm
>>> using other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer
>>> and Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except
>>> for IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on
>>> the taskbar........it's annoying..........
>>>
>>> Any ideas???
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> I see from other post's you've sorted the problem but:
>>
>> If anyone else has problems 'stopping' Messenger try installing
>> 'Adaware' and the 'messenger' plugin.
>>
>> Excellent choice if you want to be able to turn it on and off.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Paul

Wrong Messenger.
--