Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Mediaplayer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t206533-windows-mediaplayer.html)

Mastk 08-22-2004 03:34 PM

Windows Mediaplayer

Dear Helpdesk,

I have Windows 98 operating system instaled with Windows Mediaplayer version
7.0.00.3055 but i can not recieve any sound. After de-installing it and
reinstalling it, the same problem occurs. I does not play any MP3's, Radio
or CD's.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Paul - xxx 08-22-2004 06:29 PM

Re: Windows Mediaplayer

Mastk vaguely muttered something like ...
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I have Windows 98 operating system instaled with Windows Mediaplayer
> version
> 7.0.00.3055 but i can not recieve any sound. After de-installing it and
> reinstalling it, the same problem occurs. I does not play any MP3's, Radio
> or CD's.

Do the 'normal' windows sounds work?

Are there any speakers plugged into the sound card, power, turned on?

Is the volume turned down or muted?

There could be many reasons for your problem ...

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Sue 08-22-2004 09:01 PM

Re: Windows Mediaplayer

I have the same OS and Windows Media Player 7.01.00.3055. I also get no
sound from it, but do get sound from everything else including Real One
Player and Winamp. I Googled the problem a long time ago and found that it
is a common problem. I don't remember the solution. If there was one, it was
beyond my limited ability. I suggest that you Google it and see what you
find out.