Velocity Reviews

-   -   can't make sense!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t206111-cant-make-sense.html)

Annette Kurten 08-16-2004 01:45 PM

can't make sense!!

When I try to open certain files, I get the message Too large to open in
note pad, would you like to open in wordpad?
Then I get the message. There was a problem launching wordpad.
E.G opening logs in zonealarm.
viewing dat files
history etc. win 98 IE6.
regards.

Marfa, Texas 08-16-2004 02:24 PM

Re: can't make sense!!

Annette Kurten wrote:
> When I try to open certain files, I get the message Too large to open in
> note pad, would you like to open in wordpad?
> Then I get the message. There was a problem launching wordpad.
> E.G opening logs in zonealarm.
> viewing dat files
> history etc. win 98 IE6.
> regards.

It sounds like you do not have word pad installed. Go to control
Panel (add/remove) then click the (windows setup) tab at the top
center. When it loads Click (accessories) then details. then scroll
to the bottom and put a check mark in the box next to word pad. then
click ok. when that window closed click Apply and then OK. Have
your win98 disk ready. From there is automatic.

--
Just West of Nowhere
Marfa, Texas

°Mike° 08-16-2004 05:49 PM

Re: can't make sense!!

Install Cetus Wordpad (free)
http://users.erols.com/fwcetus/cwordpad.htm

It's an enhanced version of the Windows 9x Wordpad.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:45:28 +0000 (UTC), in
<cfqdpn$m5u$1@hercules.btinternet.com>
Annette Kurten scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Annette Kurten 08-17-2004 05:36 AM

Re: can't make sense!!

"Marfa, Texas" <oldgringo7218@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Annette Kurten wrote:
> > When I try to open certain files, I get the message Too large to open in
> > note pad, would you like to open in wordpad?
> > Then I get the message. There was a problem launching wordpad.
> > E.G opening logs in zonealarm.
> > viewing dat files
> > history etc. win 98 IE6.
> > regards.
> >

> It sounds like you do not have word pad installed. Go to control
> Panel (add/remove) then click the (windows setup) tab at the top
> center. When it loads Click (accessories) then details. then scroll
> to the bottom and put a check mark in the box next to word pad. then
> click ok. when that window closed click Apply and then OK. Have
> your win98 disk ready. From there is automatic.
>
> --
> Just West of Nowhere
> Marfa, Texas
> Old Gringo Tom
> Remember: When buying a swimming pool, learn how to swim

It is checked and I can open word pad from the programmes folder, so I have
a problem, thanx for advice
AK