Velocity Reviews

-   -   photos & sound to vcd or mpeg (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205929-photos-and-sound-to-vcd-or-mpeg.html)

sunny 08-13-2004 12:33 AM

photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

Im looking for a free program that will enable me to turn approx 150 photos
into a slideshow format with an mp3 sound file as background music. I then
want to put this onto cd either in mpeg format or vcd format.

i am running win98se for info

any recommendations would be grateful

cheers

ICee 08-13-2004 12:43 AM

Re: photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

sunny wrote:
> Im looking for a free program that will enable me to turn approx 150
> photos into a slideshow format with an mp3 sound file as background
> music. I then want to put this onto cd either in mpeg format or vcd
> format.
>
> i am running win98se for info
>

> any recommendations would be grateful
>
> cheers

PicturesToExe
http://www.wnsoft.com/

jackyin 08-13-2004 01:00 AM

Re: photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

try this one
http://ccdtovcd.sourceforge.net/

ICee 08-13-2004 01:40 AM

Re: photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

No thanks, but perhaps the OP may be interested.

DD 08-13-2004 03:59 AM

Re: photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

I have just made a slideshow with background music and captions of over
160 digital photographs that I took in Tahiti. I then burnt them to CD
in VCD format so that they would play on a TV through a standard DVD
player; it was not easy but I managed to do it with great satisfaction
using VCD Easy and Slide Show Movie Maker. There are step by step
instructions at:

http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?n...id=Transitions

The home page for VCD Easy is:

http://www.vcdeasy.org/

Good luck!

DD

Ionizer 08-13-2004 08:33 AM

"sunny" <cigamps@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Im looking for a free program that will enable me to turn approx 150

photos
> into a slideshow format with an mp3 sound file as background music. I

then
> want to put this onto cd either in mpeg format or vcd format.
>
> i am running win98se for info
>

> any recommendations would be grateful
>
> cheers

Just two weeks ago, I decided to assemble over 100 pictures of our cats
into a slideshow, accompanied by mp3 music (Al Stewart's "Year Of The
Cat," naturally.) The resulting VCD brought a tear to my wife's eye, and
the process was remarkably easy using the fully-functional free trial
version of "MemoriesOnTV" http://www.picturetotv.com/index.htm (The free
trial version places the text "evaluation copy" into your slideshow.) It
features a wide array of transitional effects, and uses what they refer to
as the "Ken Burns Effect," a slow pan and zoom of each picture in the
slideshow. I enjoyed the final result enough that I ended up purchasing
it.

Regards,
Ian.

ProfGene 08-13-2004 09:06 PM

Re: photos & sound to vcd or mpeg

Most video editing programs will do this but most of them are not free.
There are some free video editing programs but I am not certain they have
the capacity to add stills because I haven't had one of them in a long time.
I use Ulead which is not free but does all that you want. There was a
shareware program that made an avi from stills but I don't know if you could
add sound. Yahoo had a program called Showmotion that was free for putting
together a slide show with stills. If you had ME it comes with Window's
Movie Maker which will insert stills. I doubt that Microsoft offers this
program seperately but you could check.