Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help needed upgrading Dell D400 Latitude's 802.11b to "g" or combo. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205652-help-needed-upgrading-dell-d400-latitudes-802-11b-to-g-or-combo.html)

Arawak 08-08-2004 09:49 PM

Help needed upgrading Dell D400 Latitude's 802.11b to "g" or combo.

Help upgrading D400 Latitude's 802.11b to "g" or combo.
What do I need to purchase and an suggestions as to where to get the
best price? Any howto site?
Thanks in advance,
Arawak

Ray 08-09-2004 02:51 AM

Re: Help needed upgrading Dell D400 Latitude's 802.11b to "g" or combo.

Are you referring to the one that's built into the laptop? If so I think
the only way to upgrade it is to buy a PCMCIA network card or one that plugs
into the USB port and then disable the one that's built into the laptop thru
the BIOS.

Arawak 08-21-2004 02:02 AM

Re: Help needed upgrading Dell D400 Latitude's 802.11b to "g" or combo.

The built in card can be replaced, I just don't know which brand to
get and where to find the cards (besides from Dell).