Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Burning Speed? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205624-dvd-burning-speed.html)

James_S 08-08-2004 05:06 PM

DVD Burning Speed?

I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some DVD files).

I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I copied these files
I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4

The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !

Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get burned in 5-6mins?
Or should I start troubleshooting?
If so, some guidance pleas.

---

SwissTony 08-08-2004 06:17 PM

Re: DVD Burning Speed?

"James_S" <James_S@OE.com> wrote in message
> I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some DVD files).
>
> I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
> I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I copied these
> files
> I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
> The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
>
> The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
>
> Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get burned in
> 5-6mins?
> Or should I start troubleshooting?
> If so, some guidance pleas.

Dreamin i'm afraid :(
I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at 4 speed 16
mins is about right.

x@y 08-09-2004 04:44 AM

Re: DVD Burning Speed?

"SwissTony" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "James_S" <James_S@OE.com> wrote in message

> > I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some

DVD files).

> > I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
> > I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I

copied these
> > files
> > I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
> > The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
> >
> > The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
> >
> > Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get

burned in
> > 5-6mins?
> > Or should I start troubleshooting?
> > If so, some guidance pleas.

> Dreamin i'm afraid :(
> I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at

4 speed 16
> mins is about right.

Hello "SwissTony" !!

Try this Link, there should some answers to Your
burning Questions.
(http://forums.afterdawn.com/)

Good Luck. x@y

x@y 08-10-2004 12:46 AM

Re: DVD Burning Speed?

"SwissTony" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "James_S" <James_S@OE.com> wrote in message
> > I've got a folder containing 4.3GB VOB etc. data files (some

DVD files).

> > I just burned this to a DVD-R & it took around 16mins.
> > I've not burned anything for a while, but the last time I

copied these
> > files
> > I would have sworn that the whole burn took only 5-6mins.
> > The burner is x4 & Nero was burning @ x4
> >
> > The DVD discs are all the same batch - Not really done much !
> >
> > Have I been dreaming thinking that 4.3GB of data can get

burned in
> > 5-6mins?
> > Or should I start troubleshooting?
> > If so, some guidance pleas.

> Dreamin i'm afraid :(
> I guess the new 16X dvd burners can do it in that time, but at

4 speed 16
> mins is about right.

Hello "Swiss Tony" !!
I answered this Post 18 hours ago, it did not show up
so I am trying once more.
Try this Link and there You may find some answers to Your
burning questions.

(http://forums.afterdawn.com/)

Good Luck x@y.