Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to connect to peer to peer programs using a dsl connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205589-how-to-connect-to-peer-to-peer-programs-using-a-dsl-connection.html)

shawn1 08-08-2004 12:22 AM

how to connect to peer to peer programs using a dsl connection

i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus are
not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not behind a
proxy can someone please help me get my programs running again

Duane Arnold 08-08-2004 01:07 AM

Re: how to connect to peer to peer programs using a dsl connection

fivemm@yahoo.com (shawn1) wrote in news:61385be5.0408071622.3bdab015
@posting.google.com:

> i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
> an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus are
> not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not behind a
> proxy can someone please help me get my programs running again

So, did the ISP give you a dsl router/modem?

Duane :)

Toolman Tim 08-08-2004 01:45 AM

"Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com> wrote in message
>| fivemm@yahoo.com (shawn1) wrote in news:61385be5.0408071622.3bdab015
>| @posting.google.com:
>|
>| > i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
>| > an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus
>| > are not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not
>| > behind a proxy can someone please help me get my programs running
>| > again
>| >

>| So, did the ISP give you a dsl router/modem?

Good point - most routers like that contain filters, NAT, etc. that could be
causing the problem. Hopefully the OP will post back with some hardware
information...

(duh!)

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~