Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Getting started (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205136-getting-started.html)

John Cheslett 07-31-2004 11:31 PM

Getting started
 
Hi all

Could anyone point a newcomer to instructions to download playable music +
books via newsgroups please.

Spent all evening going round in circles and got nothing.

many thanks

john



ProfGene 08-01-2004 08:07 AM

Re: Getting started
 
Music in mp3 format on newsgroups is most often split up into many parts.
You must first download all the parts to your computer then highlight them
all by holding down ctrl and alt or clicking on the first one then holding
down the shift key and clicking on the last one, then right click and give
the command combine and decode and if the files are not corrupted you should
have a playable mp3.
"John Cheslett" <john.cheslett@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:DrSdnWrXD_7ZCZHcRVn-tA@giganews.com...
> Hi all
>
> Could anyone point a newcomer to instructions to download playable music

+
> books via newsgroups please.
>
> Spent all evening going round in circles and got nothing.
>
> many thanks
>
> john
>
>




Wurbag the Snotling-rinser 08-01-2004 08:43 AM

Re: Getting started
 
ProfGene wrote:
> Music in mp3 format on newsgroups is most often split up into many
> parts. You must first download all the parts to your computer then
> highlight them all by holding down ctrl and alt or clicking on the
> first one then holding down the shift key and clicking on the last
> one, then right click and give the command combine and decode and if
> the files are not corrupted you should have a playable mp3.


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

> "John Cheslett" <john.cheslett@virgin.net> wrote in message
> news:DrSdnWrXD_7ZCZHcRVn-tA@giganews.com...
>> Hi all
>>
>> Could anyone point a newcomer to instructions to download playable
>> music + books via newsgroups please.
>>
>> Spent all evening going round in circles and got nothing.
>>
>> many thanks
>>
>> john






desoto 08-01-2004 09:37 AM

Re: Getting started
 

John Cheslett <john.cheslett@virgin.net> wrote in message
news:DrSdnWrXD_7ZCZHcRVn-tA@giganews.com...
> Hi all
>
> Could anyone point a newcomer to instructions to download playable music

+
> books via newsgroups please.
>
> Spent all evening going round in circles and got nothing.
>
> many thanks
>
> john
>
>

via newsgroups ?...why ?... i'd just get a downloader of some sort
and then download music from www... i don't think usenet is the proper
medium for music downloads... could be wrong .. but...



Jim Berwick 08-01-2004 10:36 AM

Re: Getting started
 
"desoto" <gasgiant@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:ceidko$g3b$1
@sparta.btinternet.com:

> could be wrong .. but...
>


You are wrong.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.