Velocity Reviews

-   -   Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205063-zone-alarm-free-5-1-download-from-newsgroups.html)

pickle 07-31-2004 01:05 AM

Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups

I just installed Zone Alarm Free 5.1 and cannot download pictures and
movie files from newsgroups. I first upgraded and when I couldn't
download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.

I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

DC 07-31-2004 01:43 AM

Re: Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups

pickle wrote:
> I just installed Zone Alarm Free 5.1 and cannot download pictures and
> movie files from newsgroups. I first upgraded and when I couldn't
> download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
> just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.

> I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

ZA is the problem. See this discussed several times in the last day or
two in news.software.readers.

Use another firewall. See today's threads in nsr for suggestions.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

pickle 07-31-2004 06:28 AM

Re: Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups

Tks. I just did. Installed Outpost.

-----

D. Best 07-31-2004 11:26 AM

Re: Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups

Been using ZoneAlarm forever and the most recent updates as well (note there
has been a second update yesterday) ... no problems here ...

doug

--
-d. best-
Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

pickle 07-31-2004 12:59 PM

Re: Zone Alarm Free 5.1 - download from newsgroups

Me too. I used ZA for years and had no problem until the update today.
Do you download files from newsgroups? That's where glich is.

Jimmy Dean 08-05-2004 05:07 AM

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:05:24 +1000, pickle <pickle@easy.com> wrote:

>I just installed Zone Alarm Free 5.1 and cannot download pictures and
>movie files from newsgroups. I first upgraded and when I couldn't
>download I did a clean install. When I close down ZA I can download
>just fine so the hiccup is with ZA.
>
>I have XP Pro and use both Xnews and Free Agent to access newsgroups.

ZA5 inteferes with downloading yEnc encoded posts

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=15782#M15782

It also causes WinXP's CHKDSK to not run, even when requested to do so

jd