Velocity Reviews

-   -   New computer and Yuri's revenge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t205012-new-computer-and-yuris-revenge.html)

George 07-30-2004 05:45 AM

New computer and Yuri's revenge

It seems all of the support info on the manufacturers website is
unavailable.

I can't run Yuri's revenge on my new computer. It will run RA 2 with out a
problem.

I have a Compaq Presario SR1120NX with a 330 Intel Celeron processor running
at 2.66GHZ.
Memory is 512 MB and I have a 80Gb hard drive.I have tried both the DVD
drive and the CD writer drives.

When you click on the game icon you get a hourglass by the pointer the
screen will briefly flicker and nothing happens.
When you insert the disk autoplay gets you the Yuri's Revenge screen,
clicking on play gets you a black screen which quickly returns to the desk
top. No trace of any RA 2 activity in task manager.
Any suggestions?
George in Las Vegas

The Fallen One 07-30-2004 09:11 AM

Re: New computer and Yuri's revenge

--
"Hi everybody Hi Doctor Nick"!
I'm captain Benjamin Sisko
"George" <gkbiv@cox.net> wrote in message
> It seems all of the support info on the manufacturers website is
> unavailable.
>
> I can't run Yuri's revenge on my new computer. It will run RA 2 with out a
> problem.
>
> I have a Compaq Presario SR1120NX with a 330 Intel Celeron processor

running
> at 2.66GHZ.
> Memory is 512 MB and I have a 80Gb hard drive.I have tried both the DVD
> drive and the CD writer drives.
>
> When you click on the game icon you get a hourglass by the pointer the
> screen will briefly flicker and nothing happens.
> When you insert the disk autoplay gets you the Yuri's Revenge screen,
> clicking on play gets you a black screen which quickly returns to the desk
> top. No trace of any RA 2 activity in task manager.
> Any suggestions?
> George in Las Vegas

Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition Unless you have put another
Operating System on it but you didn't state that your Computer is Fast
enought to Play but it could the OS Stopping it try running the Program in
Windows 98 Mode.
Go to the Icon of the Game on your Desktop and Right Click Go down the menu
and click on Properties Then Go to the Compatibility Tab then tick run This
program in Compatibility Mode then Select Windows 98 / Windows Me see what
happens if I think of any thing else I will post Back.

George 07-30-2004 04:35 PM

Re: New computer and Yuri's revenge

> Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
> Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition

It ran on my other computer which was Win XP Home Edition Version 2002
Service Pack 1. I just check and it is the same on both systems.
George in Las Vegas

The Fallen One 07-31-2004 05:46 AM

> > Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
> > Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition

> It ran on my other computer which was Win XP Home Edition Version 2002
> Service Pack 1. I just check and it is the same on both systems.
> George in Las Vegas

The Compaq Model number you gave me says that it has shared Video memory
this could have something to do with it or it could be a Program at start up
stopping it from running.

George 07-31-2004 07:57 AM

Re: New computer and Yuri's revenge

I had to set the compatibility mode. I didn't know it existed until today.
Right click on the icon and select properties. Select the compatibility tab
to set compatibility to Windows 98/ME.
George in Las Vegas