Velocity Reviews

-   -   importing messages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t204862-importing-messages.html)

°Mike° 07-27-2004 08:21 PM

Re: importing messages

You probably didn't compact your database, and the
import wizard is just reading the .dbx index -- just
a guess.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:09:13 GMT, in
<ZvzNc.603$oa1.317@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>
deemac.one scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike° 07-27-2004 08:34 PM

Re: importing messages

As I said, try compacting your database (O.E.) before
exporting/importing. In O.E. go to Tools / Options /
Maintenance and press 'Clean up now'. Press the
'Compact' button -- you can also do this selectively,
by right clicking on specific newsgroups, and choose
'Properties / Local File'

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:27:57 GMT, in
<xNzNc.613$oa1.388@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>
deemac.one scrawled:

Pool Champ 07-27-2004 08:57 PM

Re: importing messages

"deemac.one" <deemac.one@ntlworld.void> wrote in message
> Thanks "°Mike°", is there any way to delete the reference to to this

folder?

> "°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > You probably didn't compact your database, and the
> > import wizard is just reading the .dbx index -- just
> > a guess.
> >

> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:09:13 GMT, in
> > <ZvzNc.603$oa1.317@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>
> > deemac.one scrawled:
> >
> > >When importing messages folders to Incredimail from Outlook

Express, a
> > >newsgroup that I had previously deleted from Outlook Express, was

visible
> > >and available for transfer.
> > >
> > >How is this possible, when there is no longer any reference to it

in
> Outlook
> > >Express, and where would this information be stored?

Follow this route, they are stored here even when you have unsubscribed
from a group in OE. You can delete them manually.
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express

PC

°Mike° 07-27-2004 09:04 PM

Re: importing messages

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:57:41 +0100, in
<MZydnVNXeIjGX5vcRVn-hg@brightview.com>
Pool Champ scrawled:

>"deemac.one" <deemac.one@ntlworld.void> wrote in message
>> Thanks "°Mike°", is there any way to delete the reference to to this

>folder?

<snip>

>Follow this route, they are stored here even when you have unsubscribed
>from a group in OE. You can delete them manually.
>C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxxxxxxxxxx}\Microsoft\Outlook
>Express
>
>PC

There is no need to go that route. Compacting the database
removes the deleted groups. Sometimes you may need to
close OE and open it again.

--
Basic computer maintenance

deemac.one 07-27-2004 09:27 PM

Re: importing messages

deemac.one 07-27-2004 10:09 PM

Re: importing messages

Hi °Mike°, I did as you said, but no luck yet.
I will try again tomorrow.
Thanks for your help, deemac.one

°Mike° 07-27-2004 10:17 PM

Re: importing messages

Ok, good luck.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:09:15 GMT, in
<foANc.637$oa1.90@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>
deemac.one scrawled:

JamesBenson 07-29-2004 05:05 PM

Re: importing messages

As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
stood next to them