Velocity Reviews

-   -   Lost work due to USB flash pen not being recognised properly (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t203827-lost-work-due-to-usb-flash-pen-not-being-recognised-properly.html)

numberonepipboy 07-15-2004 07:23 AM

Lost work due to USB flash pen not being recognised properly

usb memory flash pen was working fine until the system crashed when
using the pen.

Now when plugged in windows 2000 identifies it as a security device
and looks for software for this instead of locating correct driver by
plug & play. The same happens on any pc that I try it on. Any
clues?

Many thanks

==============

HillTop 07-15-2004 09:36 AM

Re: Lost work due to USB flash pen not being recognised properly

let it install the driver it wants.. then go into the System/Device manager
...select the device it installed.. and select "Update Driver" and change to
the correct one.. that might work. It fixed a similar problem I had when
a PC kept thinking a video input card was the wrong one and kept installing
the wrong drivers.

"numberonepipboy" <runawayparrot@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:40f630ec$1_7@news.athenanews.com...
> usb memory flash pen was working fine until the system crashed when
> using the pen.
>
> Now when plugged in windows 2000 identifies it as a security device
> and looks for software for this instead of locating correct driver by
> plug & play. The same happens on any pc that I try it on. Any
> clues?
>
> Many thanks

troubleshooting newsgroups.