Velocity Reviews

-   -   CD R disks (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t203390-cd-r-disks.html)

Tina Jaworski 07-09-2004 02:56 PM

CD R disks

Is there any benefit to purchasing CD R disks (vs. R/W)? Are the main
differences between the two that R disks only can be written once to and not
able to be erased (read only attributes)?
Any wisdom will be appreciated!
Tina

Boomer 07-09-2004 03:04 PM

Re: CD R disks

Tina Jaworski wrote:
> Is there any benefit to purchasing CD R disks (vs. R/W)? Are the main
> differences between the two that R disks only can be written once to
> and not able to be erased (read only attributes)?
> Any wisdom will be appreciated!
> Tina

Hi, Tina. My ****-stained old fart of a husband is 80 in the shade. He wants
to know if you suck cock and swallow.

Plato 07-09-2004 03:12 PM

Re: CD R disks

Tina Jaworski wrote:

> Is there any benefit to purchasing CD R disks (vs. R/W)? Are the main
> differences between the two that R disks only can be written once to and not
> able to be erased (read only attributes)?

You're on the right track. The R/Ws can be used just like "floppies" if
you have the correct software running. But, just like floppies, their
not the best choice for backing up important data for the long term. I'd
use the "write once" disks for a more permanant data backup.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato, the senseless, speculating toilet water 07-09-2004 03:14 PM

Re: CD R disks

Plato wrote:
> Tina Jaworski wrote:
>>
>> Is there any benefit to purchasing CD R disks (vs. R/W)? Are the
>> main differences between the two that R disks only can be written
>> once to and not able to be erased (read only attributes)?

> You're on the right track.

but you're better off if you can plagiarise them.

Tina Jaworski 07-09-2004 03:40 PM

Re: CD R disks

Boomer,
I have seen many hurt people like you in my profession. I am sorry that you
didn't get the love you needed from your parents. Just know, there are
other ways to get the attention you need and not be hurtful to you and
society as the way you are going about things now.

news:Dn8XxGoQ7ibW3D395E3DrjgnXGGYq6QN@auth.newsrea der.octenews.com...

Tina Jaworski 07-09-2004 03:43 PM

Re: CD R disks

Thank you! Are you the same person that sent the other message about
plageurism (sp)? what does that mean when referring to R/W disks?
:)
Tina

Scraggy 07-09-2004 03:45 PM

Re: CD R disks

YHBT

DC 07-09-2004 04:13 PM

Re: CD R disks

Tina Jaworski wrote:
> Boomer,
> I have seen many hurt people like you in my profession. I am sorry that you
> didn't get the love you needed from your parents. Just know, there are
> other ways to get the attention you need and not be hurtful to you and
> society as the way you are going about things now.

That isn't the real Boomer. It is a troll forging her headers. Please
do not feed it.

[snip troll drivel]

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

Ionizer 07-09-2004 05:05 PM

Re: CD R disks

"Tina Jaworski" <teenee@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:VmyHc.10469$oD3.746@newsread1.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
> Is there any benefit to purchasing CD R disks (vs. R/W)? Are the main
> differences between the two that R disks only can be written once to and

not
> able to be erased (read only attributes)?
> Any wisdom will be appreciated!
> Tina

If you intend to burn music (audio) CDs to be played in standard home or
car CD players, you will need to use CD-R media.

Regards,
Ian.

Plato 07-09-2004 05:29 PM

Re: CD R disks

Tina Jaworski wrote:

> Thank you! Are you the same person that sent the other message about
> plageurism (sp)? what does that mean when referring to R/W disks?

Re-Writable disks. You format them and use them just like you use floppy
disks, only they hold more data. They're OK for short term backup.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/