Velocity Reviews

-   -   system idle process (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t203054-system-idle-process.html)

Drvnguy 07-05-2004 02:25 AM

system idle process

I have win xp pro ,in my task manager it sais under cpu its 95 t0 100 almost
all the time ,is this a bad reading or is there somthing in the background
working?..thanks

Boomer 07-05-2004 03:05 AM

Re: system idle process

Drvnguy wrote:
> I have win xp pro ,in my task manager it sais under cpu its 95 t0 100
> almost all the time ,is this a bad reading or is there somthing in
> the background working?..thanks

YES! You have a virus. Format and reinstall!!!!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 07-05-2004 03:31 AM

Re: system idle process

Drvnguy wrote:

> I have win xp pro ,in my task manager it sais under cpu its 95 t0 100 almost
> all the time ,is this a bad reading or is there somthing in the background
> working?..thanks

The other dimwit posing as Boomer is a pathetic attention-seeker, don't
bother responding to them. If your System Idle Process is at 99%, then
everything is a-okay.

pcbutts1 07-05-2004 05:03 AM

Re: system idle process

Look up the word "idle" in the dictionary.

Boomer 07-05-2004 06:05 AM

Re: system idle process

Rgr <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote:

> Drvnguy wrote:
>
>> I have win xp pro ,in my task manager it sais under cpu its 95
>> t0 100 almost all the time ,is this a bad reading or is there
>> somthing in the background working?..thanks

> The other dimwit posing as Boomer

Thanks Rgr. I don't see 'it' and appreciate your mentioning that
'it' is not me.

Blinky the Shark 07-05-2004 06:12 AM

Re: system idle process

pcbutts1 wrote:

> Look up the word "idle" in the dictionary.

I'd rather just sit here doing nothing.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
New June 23:

Patrick 07-05-2004 10:39 AM

Re: system idle process

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
>> Look up the word "idle" in the dictionary.

> I'd rather just sit here doing nothing.

I'd rather just sit here *idleing* :)

Blinky the Shark 07-05-2004 04:51 PM

Re: system idle process

Patrick wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> pcbutts1 wrote:

>>> Look up the word "idle" in the dictionary.

>> I'd rather just sit here doing nothing.

> I'd rather just sit here *idleing* :)

Say, that just might be what I meant, without saying it, eh? :)

Plato 07-05-2004 10:17 PM

Re: system idle process

Drvnguy wrote:

> I have win xp pro ,in my task manager it sais under cpu its 95 t0 100 almost
> all the time ,is this a bad reading or is there somthing in the background
> working?..thanks

system idle will use 90%+ if that's the only thing running. Nothing to
worry about.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/