Velocity Reviews

-   -   Advice on changing ISP's please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t202844-advice-on-changing-isps-please.html)

Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer 07-02-2004 12:12 PM

Re: Advice on changing ISP's please

Baalrog wrote:
> anyone here offer some advice

> I am about
> to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

Scrote 07-02-2004 12:17 PM

Baalrog wrote:
>> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am
>> about to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL
>> broadband and was looking for hints / tips on getting all my current
>> contacts etc informed , should I try and keep both account open
>> until all is done, any advice is welcome
>>
>> --
>> Regards Ron...........

If you can get ADSL, why on earth go with AOHell? You have to have their
hardware, you cannot buy "off the shelf". It clogs your system with
garbage. Try putting "AOL + complaints" minus quotes into Google
Results 1 - 10 of about 317,000 for AOL + complaints. (0.24 seconds)
--
If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living asking 'Do you
want fries with that?'

Scrote 07-02-2004 12:19 PM

Brian H wrote:
>> Baalrog wrote:
>>> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am
>>> about to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL
>>> broadband and was looking for hints / tips on getting all my
>>> current contacts etc informed , should I try and keep both account
>>> open until all is done, any advice is welcome
>>>

>> Don't do it.
>> Seriously, don't do it.

Clock playing up Brian?

Ionizer 07-02-2004 12:22 PM

Re: Advice on changing ISP's please

"Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer"
<IvzOsdUPm7mt@alt.swingers.california> wrote in message
news:0PxEGSIp331729C77C6DxcjJuqy25aXc@alt.swingers .california...
> Baalrog wrote:
> > anyone here offer some advice

> > I am about
> > to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

> You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

You're not a proper troll, because some times you make perfect sense.

Regards,
Ian.

Brian 07-02-2004 12:33 PM

"Baalrog" <r.fraser.remove_the_obvious@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
> change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and

was
> looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
> should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
> welcome
>
> --
> Regards Ron...........

read these carefully.. then you will know why not to use aol.
http://techsupt.winbatch.com/webcgi/...+AOL~Jokes.txt
__
http://www3.sympatico.ca/daedpa/aol.htm

even if you are intelectual at present.. u will not be after using aol for a
couple of weeks..

Paul - xxx 07-02-2004 12:33 PM

Re: Advice on changing ISP's please

Baalrog typed:
> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
> change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband

If you think NTL is bad ...

> and
> was looking for hints / tips

Don't do it, you'll be sorry .. ;)

> on getting all my current contacts etc
> informed , should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any
> advice is welcome

Yes, send an email to all your contacts, and keep all accounts open until
you've got everything setup and running.

Seriously, NTL are way better, by magnitudes, than AOL broadband.

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Ionizer, the shamefaced, infiltrating freakface 07-02-2004 12:38 PM

Ionizer wrote:
> "Baalrog, the grouchy, fouling gnawer"
> <IvzOsdUPm7mt@alt.swingers.california> wrote in message
> news:0PxEGSIp331729C77C6DxcjJuqy25aXc@alt.swingers .california...
>> Baalrog wrote:
>>> anyone here offer some advice

>>> I am about
>>> to change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL

>> You don't need advice. You need a psychiatrist.

> You're not a proper troll,

Pfffft.

> because some times you make perfect sense.

That's what makes me so formidable. I call it enigmata - quod vide
stigmata.

Jerry G. 07-02-2004 12:54 PM

Re: Advice on changing ISP's please

You want to go to the last place on earth that I would go to for an ISP!

If you want to change ISP's, you call the one you are with, and tell them
that you want to cancel. They will most likely charge you the balance of any
agreement you have with them.

You call the new one, and they will activate you.

I would VERY strongly suggest you do some consumer research before going to
the place you want to go for ISP service. I would never dare go there! I
myself had too many bad experiences.

--

Jerry G.
=====

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= 07-02-2004 01:15 PM

Baalrog wrote:
> Hi all. anyone here offer some advice on changing my ISP, I am about to
> change from NTL dialup (I am not a cable customer) to AOL broadband and was
> looking for hints / tips on getting all my current contacts etc informed ,
> should I try and keep both account open until all is done, any advice is
> welcome

Don't do it.
Seriously, don't do it.