Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unresponsive internet after idleness (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t202528-unresponsive-internet-after-idleness.html)

HJB 06-28-2004 02:27 AM

Unresponsive internet after idleness

Hello gang, I was wondering if any of you have ever had this problem.

My machine runs flawlessly on XP Home.

But, whenever I leave the computer along for a while (several hours), but it
is still on, whenever I come back to use it the thing will not connect to
the web or to my mail server to check email.

I will then have to reboot it and it is fine.

I have tried shutting down ZA, but this still doesn't make it work.

I do not have my computer set to hybernate. I have "turn off hard disk" and
"system standy" set to NEVER. I only have the monitor set to turn off at 15
minutes, so I don't see how this could be the problem.

Blinky the Shark 06-28-2004 05:32 AM

Re: Unresponsive internet after idleness

HJB wrote:

> My machine runs flawlessly on XP Home.

> But, whenever I leave the computer along for a while (several hours), but it
> is still on, whenever I come back to use it the thing will not connect to
> the web or to my mail server to check email.

> I will then have to reboot it and it is fine.

So *that's* what "flawless" means in the World of XP. ;)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
New June 23:

Jon 06-29-2004 07:36 PM

Re: Unresponsive internet after idleness

I have the same problem, and have tried the same solutions - anyone got any
clues what's causing it?

My machine runs - with flaws - on XP Pro...
TIA
--
Jon
....Do you have any idea how dumb average actually is.......?