Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Removing parts when printing internet page (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t202508-removing-parts-when-printing-internet-page.html)

geopelia 06-27-2004 10:21 PM

Removing parts when printing internet page
 
The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side is
advertising etc.

I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can scan and
print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet please?

Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.

Thank you
Geopelia



Paul Roberts 06-27-2004 10:30 PM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 
It doesn't directly answer your question, but copying the text and pasting
it into something like Word, then printing from there will do the trick for
you.

"geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side is
> advertising etc.
>
> I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can scan and
> print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet please?
>
> Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.
>
> Thank you
> Geopelia
>
>




Special Ed 06-27-2004 10:59 PM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 
> "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> > The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side is
> > advertising etc.
> >
> > I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can scan

and
> > print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet please?
> >
> > Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Geopelia


Highlight the section you want print and in your printer software toggle the
"selection" option and you should print only the highlighted part.



geopelia 06-28-2004 02:48 AM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 
Thank you. I can copy it, but "paste"is greyed and won't work.

"Paul Roberts" <paul_roberts_247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2k907oF18ofdbU1@uni-berlin.de...
> It doesn't directly answer your question, but copying the text and pasting
> it into something like Word, then printing from there will do the trick

for
> you.
>
> "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> > The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side is
> > advertising etc.
> >
> > I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can scan

and
> > print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet please?
> >
> > Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Geopelia
> >
> >

>
>




geopelia 06-28-2004 02:59 AM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 

"Special Ed" <specialed33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:qjIDc.30697$Y3.25744@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...
> > "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> > > The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side

is
> > > advertising etc.
> > >
> > > I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can scan

> and
> > > print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet

please?
> > >
> > > Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Geopelia

>
> Highlight the section you want print and in your printer software toggle

the
> "selection" option and you should print only the highlighted part.
>
>

I tried that, but the selected frame option is greyed out.

I also tried by highlighting the text and cutting it, but could not paste
into email or Word.

Thank you.





Special Ed 06-28-2004 03:18 AM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 

"geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:VNLDc.4795$LT3.186904@news.xtra.co.nz...
>
> "Special Ed" <specialed33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:qjIDc.30697$Y3.25744@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...
> > > "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> > > > The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other side

> is
> > > > advertising etc.
> > > >
> > > > I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can

scan
> > and
> > > > print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet

> please?
> > > >
> > > > Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one doesn't.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you
> > > > Geopelia

> >
> > Highlight the section you want print and in your printer software toggle

> the
> > "selection" option and you should print only the highlighted part.
> >
> >

> I tried that, but the selected frame option is greyed out.
>
> I also tried by highlighting the text and cutting it, but could not paste
> into email or Word.
>
> Thank you.
>

Have you tried using the keyboard to copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V)?



geopelia 06-28-2004 11:51 AM

Re: Removing parts when printing internet page
 

"Special Ed" <specialed33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c6MDc.30906$Y3.30612@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...
>
> "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:VNLDc.4795$LT3.186904@news.xtra.co.nz...
> >
> > "Special Ed" <specialed33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:qjIDc.30697$Y3.25744@newsread2.news.atl.earth link.net...
> > > > "geopelia" <phildoran@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > > news:0JHDc.4704$LT3.183408@news.xtra.co.nz...
> > > > > The left hand side of an Internet page is an article, the other

side
> > is
> > > > > advertising etc.
> > > > >
> > > > > I know how to cut out unwanted parts of a newspaper article I can

> scan
> > > and
> > > > > print, but is it possible to do this with a page on the internet

> > please?
> > > > >
> > > > > Some articles have "printer friendly version" but this one

doesn't.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you
> > > > > Geopelia
> > >
> > > Highlight the section you want print and in your printer software

toggle
> > the
> > > "selection" option and you should print only the highlighted part.
> > >
> > >

> > I tried that, but the selected frame option is greyed out.
> >
> > I also tried by highlighting the text and cutting it, but could not

paste
> > into email or Word.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> Have you tried using the keyboard to copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V)?


That didn't work either, it looks like I will have to print the lot, adverts
and all.
Thank you
Geopelia
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.