Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sleep Mode (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t201980-sleep-mode.html)

Julie P. 06-21-2004 03:59 AM

Sleep Mode

I am trying to decide how often OE should check for new email on my XP
computer. I would like every 9-10 minutes. But right now, I have the screen
saver set to activate at 5 minutes, computer set to sleep at 10 minutes, and
monitor set to sleep at 15 minutes. So if I have OE check for email every 10
minutes or less, will this prevent my computer from sleeping while away? And
will it stop the screen saver? If it's going to prevent the computer from
sleeping, I will set OE to check for email every 480 minutes instead.

britishbull 06-21-2004 08:41 AM

Re: Sleep Mode

Test it and see what happens..

--

cheap as chips

Julie P. 06-22-2004 02:38 AM

Re: Sleep Mode

"britishbull" <americasucks@bushybaby.comm> wrote in message
> Test it and see what happens..

The problem is I have no way of knowing whether my computer is asleep or
not. With the monitor, you know it is sleeping since the screen goes black.

J.