Velocity Reviews

-   -   BAckup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t201709-backup.html)

Tommy 06-17-2004 08:46 AM

BAckup

I am having a computer built and i would like any ideas on a backup systems.
I presently use a tape for full system backup but I would like to us othter
options if they are able to back up by itself. I been using the program
stomp to back up the tapes. I also have an external hard drive but I use
NortonGhost for this but I have to back this up myself it does not do this
automaatically. unless someone knows differently. Any ideas for backups.
Thanks to all Tom

D 06-17-2004 11:54 AM

Re: BAckup

There are numerous backup apps, generally they can all be set to
auto/scheduled.
Some will backup to remote sites others only to hd.
You pays yr money and makes yr choice
A sys backup is not the sames as Data backup

news:rTcAc.2095$Pt.1786@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com ...

Toolman Tim 06-17-2004 11:33 PM

Re: BAckup

"Tommy" <tdr@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > I am having a computer built and i would like any ideas on a backup
> > systems. I presently use a tape for full system backup but I would
> > like to us othter options if they are able to back up by itself. I
> > been using the program stomp to back up the tapes. I also have an
> > external hard drive but I use NortonGhost for this but I have to
> > back this up myself it does not do this automaatically. unless
> > someone knows differently. Any ideas for backups. Thanks to all Tom

BackUp MyPC from Stomp will backup to most devices - CDRW, Zip, Tape, Hard
drives, etc. Check their online support for a list of equipment that they
support: http://www.stompsoft.com/bump/ and scroll down to "Related
Subjects" near the bottom - click on "Before you buy, check to see if your
device is compatible with BackUp MyPC."

So far, the only thing I have that isn't compatible is an external Orb drive
from Castlewood (6gig removable hard disk).

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~