Velocity Reviews

-   -   My Browser has gone crazy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t201057-my-browser-has-gone-crazy.html)

bulldog 06-08-2004 06:37 PM

My Browser has gone crazy

Browser has been hi jacked by a website called www.123mania.com whenever i
try to browse it just goes to that url, anyone any ideas how to get rid of
it, ive run ad aware version 6 and nothing there.

Thanks Gaz

---

M.P 06-08-2004 07:10 PM

Re: My Browser has gone crazy

download a program called

cwshredder

°Mike° 06-08-2004 07:37 PM

Re: My Browser has gone crazy

Please disable the useless, broken AVG signature.

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:37:38 +0100, in
<7Coxc.418$T03.329@newsfe6-gui.server.ntli.net>
bulldog scrawled:

>Browser has been hi jacked by a website called www.123mania.com whenever i
>try to browse it just goes to that url, anyone any ideas how to get rid of
>it, ive run ad aware version 6 and nothing there.
>
>Thanks Gaz

<snip broken AVG signature>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Meredith Askew 06-09-2004 08:12 AM

Re: My Browser has gone crazy

Try running a program called CWShredder or HijackThis. You can do google
searchs on them both. They are free programs and will search for things that
are hijacking your browser. Make sure you delete your temp files and cookies
as well in your internet options.

Lady Chatterly 11-03-2004 06:03 PM

Re: www.sightmax.com - Live Chat for your website

In article <ckdio0pf7nfma79a0u9fghh5iioee4uush@4ax.com> SigthMax <nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>If you're looking for an alternative to LivePerson, SightMax will save
>you
>thousands per year! If you don't have live chat on your website
>currently,
>the benefits of adding SightMax to your website are boundless. Studies
>show
>that
>"live chat" helps to increase sales and improves customer service.
>
>Put SightMax on your website today and see the immediate benefits!

Fortune is a woman; if you neglect her today do not expect to regain
her tomorrow.

>.. Hosted locally on your server. You own it.
>.. NO monthly fees / FREE multi-site use.
>.. NO setup fees.
>.. Quick ROI - Major savings over competition charging monthly fees.
>.. Definable queues/groups (ex. sales and support).
>.. MS SQL Server backend included.
>.. Browser support for all platforms - Chat with visitors on all
>platforms,
>even MAC users.
>.. FREE zero cost support.

>Live "Who's On" Monitoring
>View live visitors as they browse your website. Get valuable
>information
>such as, what page they are viewing, what browser type they are using,
>IP
>address/host name, visitor time on site and screen resolution. You can
>even
>view where the visitor was referred from such as a keyword Google ad
>or
>other website. Additionally, you can monitor all live chats on your
>website
>as they are occurring.

Who on monitoring view live visitors as they browse my website?

>Live Coaching Operators and Conferencing
>We take live chat a step further with our conference training
>"coaching"
>mode. Trainees can be monitored and coached through chats by
>experienced
>operators during a chat session. Additionally, multiple operators can
>join
>into a chat with a customer. This is great for bringing a supervisor
>in to
>close your sale or assist in support. Transfer chats at the click of a
>mouse
>to the properly skilled representatives.

Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.

>Queues and Transferring
>Dynamically assign calls to operators by queue (Sales, Support, etc.),
>transfer chats, conference and more. Operators have the ability to
>'escalate'
>sessions or invite another operator to join in.

And old rat is a brave rat.

>Customizable Chat Interface and Chat Icons
>The visitor chat interface is fully customizable. Add your company
>logo,
>change the colors, the text, even the layout. Taking it a step
>further, the
>visitor chat interface can be customized for every site that you have
>setup.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that
shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

>Customizable chat icons ("tags") can be placed on your web pages to
>allow
>people to easily initiate a chat with an operator in the queue that
>they
>need. You can also place these icons ("tags") in your email and other
>offline pages. For example, you can add the chat icon to the tagline
>in
>your
>email.

Everyone loves justice in the affairs of another.

>Operators have the ability to set their availability to Away, Online,
>Back
>in Five and Out to Lunch. These four chat icons are fully customizable
>for
>every queue that you have setup. The icons shown above are the default
>chat
>icons included with SightMax.

What makes you so positive about that?

>Canned Responses and Page Push
>Operators have the choice of either sending system defined canned
>(Setup and only editable by the System Admin) or creating their own
>personalized responses. Canned responses are great for sending
>greeting
>messages to your customer or any other commonly used phrases. For
>example,
>you can create a canned response with basic pricing info, saving you
>the
>time of typing it again and again.

Unfortunately, I failed this test of intelligence, since I did not
record these programmes.

>Additionally, operators can define a list of commonly viewed pages
>within
>their website and automatically "Push" customers to those pages. For
>example, an operator could "push" a customer to a specific knowledge
>base
>article or a page explaining a feature they want to know about."

He who sups with the devil has need of a long spoon.

>Visitor Historical Tracking
>Written in .NET, SightMax utilizes a Microsoft SQL database (MSDE 2000
>bundled free) where all visitor and chat history is stored. You can
>easily
>look up past visitor navigation and chat history, in fact, when a
>repeat
>visitor returns to your site, the previous chat transcript is a mouse
>click
>away providing instant and concise visitor profiling.

It is better to sit down than to stand, it is better to lie down than
to sit, but death is the best of all.

>After Hours Message
>If all operators are offline, visitors have the option to leave an
>email
>message for a customer representative.

Are you certain?

>Customizable Pre Chat and Post Chat Surveys
>You can also create pre and post chat surveys that can be customized
>with
>the questions you want to ask the customer. Upon completion of each
>chat
>session, the customer will have an option to have the chat transcript
>emailed to them.

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them.

>Spell Check
>Our built-in spell checking feature automatically "spell checks"
>operator
>phrases before being sent to the customer, eliminating embarrassing
>mistakes
>that are a reflection of your company. "Spell check" even allows you
>to add
>your own words to a built-in, personal, custom dictionary.

Love your neighbors, but don't pull down the fence.

>Proactive Invite Chat
>Be "pro-active", while customers are browsing your site, invite them
>chat; great for "closing" the deal.

We cause accidents.

>No Client Side Downloads or Installs
>Visitors do NOT need to install Java or download an Active-X component
>in
>order to chat with a SightMax operator. Our HTML client ensures that
>SightMax will operate on all computers, making the chat process as
>easy as
>possible for your customers.

Last ship, best ship.

>Instant Messaging between Operators
>With operator IM, SightMax Operators can send instant messages to
>other
>SightMax operators whether they are logged in at home, across the
>office or
>from anywhere in the world! SightMax consolidates your inner office
>communication and web chatting into one simple package.

It is for this reason that the idea of free love, rather than meaning
sleep with whoever you want to, has a much more profound meaning
liberating ones soul from mental and circumstantial manacles in order
that it can give the gift of love that it possesses inside.

--
Lady Chatterly

"Lady Chattlerly must be posting from the mensa group. That post went
way over my head too." -- la n.

SigthMax 11-03-2004 07:50 PM

[...]

Visit www.sightmax.com today to discover our full list of features as
well
as find out how real-time chat can work for you!

Fred 11-04-2004 04:20 PM

Lady Chatterly <nospam@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote:

> Fortune is a woman; if you neglect her today do not expect to regain
> her tomorrow.

I prefer blondes myself.

> Computers are useless.

I can't afford a computer.

> Who on monitoring view live visitors as they browse my website?

Well, everyone, probably.

> Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.

*yawn*

> And old rat is a brave rat.

Is your dog old?

> shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

I have two lips, and you?

> Everyone loves justice in the affairs of another.

Surely you can think of an exception?

> What makes you so positive about that?

What makes me so positive about that?

> Unfortunately, I failed this test of intelligence, since I did not
> record these programmes.

Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

> He who sups with the devil has need of a long spoon.

Would killing a cat with a spade be evil?

> It is better to sit down than to stand, it is better to lie down than
> to sit, but death is the best of all.

If you really want to die, I could kill you.

> Are you certain?

What difference does it make whether or not I am certain?

> The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
> thinking we were at when we created them.

Do you have any specific examples of when?

> Love your neighbors, but don't pull down the fence.

Why not ask your neighbours for help?

> The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree,
> is by accident.

Have you ever had any serious accidents?

> That's where we come in; we're computer professionals.

The Sinclair was the best computer ever!

> Last ship, best ship.

You must be mistaken.

> It is for this reason that the idea of free love, rather than meaning
> sleep with whoever you want to, has a much more profound meaning
> liberating ones soul from mental and circumstantial manacles in order
> that it can give the gift of love that it possesses inside.

What do you desire most?