Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t200389-problem-with-outlook-express-and-newsgroups.html)

Bigbazza 05-31-2004 11:13 AM

Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various newsgroups I
inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up E-mail
to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a posted
message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
correct it ?....Thanks....

Bigbazza..Oz

Avengerę 05-31-2004 11:37 AM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:13:42 GMT, "Bigbazza" <b.m@no
addressforspamreasons.com> wrote:

>Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
>worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various newsgroups I
>inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
>popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up E-mail
>to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
>it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
>tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a posted
>message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
>correct it ?....Thanks....
>
>Bigbazza..Oz

Dump OE as your news reader and try something like Forte Agent,
available in free and pay version from
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
--
Avengerę
webweaver@CATihug.com.au

Bigbazza 05-31-2004 11:57 AM

"Avengerę" <webweaver@CAT.ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:13:42 GMT, "Bigbazza" <b.m@no
> addressforspamreasons.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi...All...I have noticed a problem that is getting
> >worse....Lately...Especially tonight...When I am in the various

newsgroups I
> >inhabit...I click to see the posted message and I get Outlook Express
> >popping up with a reply to group E.mail...I have to delete popped up

E-mail
> >to see the message...I'm sorry..this is the only way to explain as I see
> >it......It is very annoying..It has happened occasionally before ..but
> >tonight ..it is happening on just about every time I click to see a

posted
> >message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
> >correct it ?....Thanks....
> >
> >Bigbazza..Oz
> >

> Dump OE as your news reader and try something like Forte Agent,
> available in free and pay version from
> http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
> --
> Avengerę
> webweaver@CATihug.com.au
> "Put the CAT out to reply"
> *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

Thanks for your reply...Avenger...I haven't had very much trouble in using
OE6 in the past...I started to use OE when I first got the 1st computer and
going onto newsgroups...and have never investigated other programmes
!.....Could you tell me ..What programmes like Free Agent..for instance
offers me above OE6....I am an 'oldie'...65(coming up)....I rely on my
Son...Timothy to look after the computer....I mainly use Senior and Cooking
and Christian groups myself....My Son does not use newsgroups very
much...Just what can I do ..extra...on these other programmes ??...I would
much appreciate the any guidance you or anyone else could provide me with...

Bigbazza..Oz

Avengerę 05-31-2004 12:08 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:57:09 GMT, "Bigbazza" <b.m@no
addressforspamreasons.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply...Avenger...I haven't had very much trouble in using
>OE6 in the past...I started to use OE when I first got the 1st computer and
>going onto newsgroups...and have never investigated other programmes
>!.....Could you tell me ..What programmes like Free Agent..for instance
>offers me above OE6....I am an 'oldie'...65(coming up)....I rely on my
>Son...Timothy to look after the computer....I mainly use Senior and Cooking
>and Christian groups myself....My Son does not use newsgroups very
>much...Just what can I do ..extra...on these other programmes ??...I would
>much appreciate the any guidance you or anyone else could provide me with...
>
>Bigbazza..Oz

Baz, I'm not far off being an *oldie* either :o)) It's probably not
what you can do extra with a dedicated news reader. I think ANY news
reader is better that OE however, if you are used to OE, it's probably
best to stick with it.

I can't really answer your question/problem, however, hopefully
someone will post a reply that will help.

Bigbazza 05-31-2004 12:29 PM

> On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:57:09 GMT, "Bigbazza" <b.m@no
> addressforspamreasons.com> wrote:
>

> >Thanks for your reply...Avenger...I haven't had very much trouble in

using
> >OE6 in the past...I started to use OE when I first got the 1st computer

and
> >going onto newsgroups...and have never investigated other programmes
> >!.....Could you tell me ..What programmes like Free Agent..for instance
> >offers me above OE6....I am an 'oldie'...65(coming up)....I rely on my
> >Son...Timothy to look after the computer....I mainly use Senior and

Cooking
> >and Christian groups myself....My Son does not use newsgroups very
> >much...Just what can I do ..extra...on these other programmes ??...I

would
> >much appreciate the any guidance you or anyone else could provide me

with...

> >Bigbazza..Oz
> >

> Baz, I'm not far off being an *oldie* either :o)) It's probably not
> what you can do extra with a dedicated news reader. I think ANY news
> reader is better that OE however, if you are used to OE, it's probably
> best to stick with it.
>
> I can't really answer your question/problem, however, hopefully
> someone will post a reply that will help.
>

> --
> Avengerę
> webweaver@CATihug.com.au
> "Put the CAT out to reply"
> *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

Thanks for the reply...Avenger....

Bigbazza..Oz

Unknown 05-31-2004 01:27 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

If you can't answer why do you first give such poor advice? Dump OE? That's
idiotic.

Unknown 05-31-2004 01:28 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Go to the Microsoft site and get the instructions for repairing OE.

Avengerę 05-31-2004 01:45 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:28:04 GMT, "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom>
wrote:

>Go to the Microsoft site and get the instructions for repairing OE.

And that advice isn't idiotic?????

Avengerę 05-31-2004 01:46 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:27:20 GMT, "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom>
wrote:

>If you can't answer why do you first give such poor advice? Dump OE? That's
>idiotic.

Only in your opinion!!!!

pcbutts1 05-31-2004 02:00 PM

Re: Problem with Outlook Express and Newsgroups

Check your mouse double click speed in the control panel and adjust it. It
sounds like you are double clicking the message.