Velocity Reviews

-   -   Casio EM-500, charge light flashing & wont hold charge (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t200231-casio-em-500-charge-light-flashing-and-wont-hold-charge.html)

Jason 05-29-2004 02:55 AM

Casio EM-500, charge light flashing & wont hold charge

I got a used Casio EM500 and for the first few days it worked great. I
kept it charged well, but then one day I stared it up and would only
stay on for 1 second before turning off. I pluged in the AC adapter and
the charge light flashes rapidly, and it should stay light when charging.

It works fine with the AC pluged in, just when I unplug it, it goes off
in 1 second. I check the system settings and it said "charging" when the
ac adapter was pluged in but doesnt seem to hold a charge. I didnt drop
it or do anything weird with it.

What does the flashing charge light mean? Is the battery dead?

Sano 05-29-2004 03:11 AM

Re: Casio EM-500, charge light flashing & wont hold charge

On Sat, 29 May 2004 02:55:20 GMT, Jason wrote:

> I got a used Casio EM500 and for the first few days it worked great. I
> kept it charged well, but then one day I stared it up and would only
> stay on for 1 second before turning off. I pluged in the AC adapter and
> the charge light flashes rapidly, and it should stay light when charging.
>
> It works fine with the AC pluged in, just when I unplug it, it goes off
> in 1 second. I check the system settings and it said "charging" when the
> ac adapter was pluged in but doesnt seem to hold a charge. I didnt drop
> it or do anything weird with it.
>
> What does the flashing charge light mean? Is the battery dead?

It sounds like the battery has a memory. Find out what kind of battery it
is and research (GOOGLE) to see what sort of charge/ discharge cycling
might straighten it out.

Jason 05-29-2004 03:23 AM

Its A Casio JK-211LT

its a Casio JK-211LT Li-Ion Battery Pack 3.8v 1100mAh

Jason 05-29-2004 03:25 AM

Also, no matches on Google

Also, no matches on Google

Unk 05-29-2004 04:53 AM