Velocity Reviews

-   -   AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t199366-autostart-screen-saver-for-win-xp.html)

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio 05-17-2004 01:35 AM

AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a program that you can use that would give
you an icon to click in the tray icon area or even a "hot corner" to place
your mouse cursor that would automatically start your screen saver running
to keep "prying eyes" from viewing sensitive materials on your screen? Is
there any such program out there?

Thanks :o)

--
Kyle

$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

Ryan 8088 05-17-2004 01:52 AM

Re: AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP?

Yeah. Its called put a shortcut to the
screen saver in the Quick Launch bar. I
use WinKey + L. Try it. It's good.
"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio"
<GoingForTheCup@GoSensGo.com> wrote in
message
news:40a816b7$0$1764$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.c om...
| I'm wondering if anyone knows of a
program that you can use that would give
| you an icon to click in the tray icon
area or even a "hot corner" to place
| your mouse cursor that would
automatically start your screen saver
running
| to keep "prying eyes" from viewing
sensitive materials on your screen? Is
| there any such program out there?
|
| Thanks :o)
|
| --
| Kyle
|
| Reply address is fake. Please send all
praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
| $1million US dollars to
sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca.
Change the
| obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if
you must abuse or insult, don't expect a

°Mike° 05-17-2004 01:54 AM

Re: AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP?

Yep.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 21:35:04 -0400, in
<40a816b7$0$1764$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com >
Sens Fan Happy In Ohio scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Linda 05-17-2004 02:21 AM

Re: AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP?

Try the power button on your monitor.

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio 05-17-2004 01:28 PM

Re: AutoStart Screen Saver for Win XP?

In news:PVUpc.27444$z21.22141@newssvr22.news.prodigy. com, Ryan 8088
<the8088er@sbcglobal.net> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
placed fingers to keyboard for this:

> Yeah. Its called put a shortcut to the
> screen saver in the Quick Launch bar. I
> use WinKey + L. Try it. It's good.

Thanks Ryan, I hadn't thought about just using a shortcut like that. Great
idea and much easier than another program :)