Velocity Reviews

-   -   Copying WinXP From one HDD to anther HDD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t199300-copying-winxp-from-one-hdd-to-anther-hdd.html)

jackman5 05-16-2004 04:33 AM

Copying WinXP From one HDD to anther HDD

Hi,

Can anyone advise me - which program is effective and simple
to use for copying all data from one drive to another.

I have used Nortons Ghost in the past, but I believe that it
wont copy NTFS file structures ???

All recommendations will be appreciated

TIA

Keith

Unk 05-16-2004 05:51 AM

Re: Copying WinXP From one HDD to anther HDD

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:33:33 +1200, "jackman5" <admin@kiwimart.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone advise me - which program is effective and simple
>to use for copying all data from one drive to another.
>
>I have used Nortons Ghost in the past, but I believe that it
>wont copy NTFS file structures ???
>
>All recommendations will be appreciated
>
>TIA
>
>Keith

Norton Ghost will ghost an NTFS drive just fine.

Won Dampchin 05-16-2004 06:19 AM

jackman5 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone advise me - which program is effective and simple
> to use for copying all data from one drive to another.
>
> I have used Nortons Ghost in the past, but I believe that it
> wont copy NTFS file structures ???
>
> All recommendations will be appreciated
>
> TIA
>
> Keith

I use Acronis True Image 7.0 (acronis.com) and have been very happy with
the program.

Ralph Wade Phillips 05-16-2004 04:44 PM

Re: Copying WinXP From one HDD to anther HDD

Howdy!

"jackman5" <admin@kiwimart.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone advise me - which program is effective and simple
> to use for copying all data from one drive to another.

Ghost is what I use.

> I have used Nortons Ghost in the past, but I believe that it
> wont copy NTFS file structures ???

Huh? Where did you get THAT silly idea?

Don't confuse "won't copy NTFS file structures" with "Won't save
image files to an NTFS volume", mate.

> All recommendations will be appreciated

Ghost and Drive Image (now both from Symantec) are the two biggies.

RwP