Velocity Reviews

-   -   emails (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198688-emails.html)

lisa 05-07-2004 09:17 AM

emails

hi can anyone tell me how do you delete an email without it opening i keep
getting returned email back to my address i want to just delete it with out
email opening but i carnt i am on outlook express windows 98
thanks

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= 05-07-2004 09:26 AM

Re: emails

lisa wrote:
> hi can anyone tell me how do you delete an email without it opening i keep
> getting returned email back to my address i want to just delete it with out
> email opening but i carnt i am on outlook express windows 98
> thanks

Several options:

1) Close the preview pane. Emails arriving at your inbox can
then be deleted on arrival, without ever opening them.

2)Download and use Magic Mail Monitor (free). You can delete
emails off the server without them even being brought down
to your PC.

3) Set up a mail filter.

4) ..

Hope that helps!

lisa 05-07-2004 09:27 AM

Re: emails

hi thanks were do i find preview pain

Trent SC 05-07-2004 09:34 AM

Re: emails

View > Layout

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= 05-07-2004 09:34 AM

Re: emails

lisa wrote:

> hi thanks were do i find preview pain

View => layout then untick preview.

lisa 05-07-2004 09:37 AM

Re: emails

thanks to you both i done it now your help was much appreciated thanks

slumpy 05-07-2004 01:21 PM

Re: emails

....and seconds before the explosion, lisa emerged from the bunker carrying
the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

> hi thanks were do i find preview pain

Just tucked neatly inside the Help File.

Oh, you didn't realise there was one ?
--
slumpy
no more

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= 05-07-2004 01:38 PM

Re: emails

slumpy wrote:

> ...and seconds before the explosion, lisa emerged from the bunker carrying
> the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:
>

>>hi thanks were do i find preview pain

> Just tucked neatly inside the Help File.
>
> Oh, you didn't realise there was one ?

I was going to say,"Just wait until you fall pregnant and
get the first contraction" but thought, "Nah, better as a
surprise."

BTW I looked in the cake for the "help file" and all I found
was half a cherry.

slumpy 05-07-2004 01:42 PM

Re: emails

....and seconds before the explosion, PalindrÔ~╗me emerged from the bunker
carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

> slumpy wrote:
>
>> ...and seconds before the explosion, lisa emerged from the bunker
>> carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
>> crying:
>>

>>> hi thanks were do i find preview pain

>> Just tucked neatly inside the Help File.
>>
>> Oh, you didn't realise there was one ?

> I was going to say,"Just wait until you fall pregnant and
> get the first contraction" but thought, "Nah, better as a
> surprise."
>
> BTW I looked in the cake for the "help file" and all I found
> was half a cherry.

Yeah, my dog took ages before he decided he didn't want the other half.
--
slumpy
no more

nut 05-07-2004 03:52 PM

Re: emails

"lisa" <lawson_hull@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi can anyone tell me how do you delete an email without it opening i keep
> getting returned email back to my address i want to just delete it with

out
> email opening but i carnt i am on outlook express windows 98
> thanks

Select the mail above it, hold SHIFT and click the mail below it.

Delete all three.

Restore the other two from Deleted Items, leaving the bad one in there,
unread.