Velocity Reviews

-   -   reporting spam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198637-reporting-spam.html)

Phil B 05-06-2004 05:32 PM

reporting spam

If I was to see something on a newsgroup that was blatant spamming, how
would I go about reporting it?

Phil.

(just trying to do my bit)

Tom F 05-06-2004 06:01 PM

Re: reporting spam

Don't know much about newsgroups but I noticed that on a message headers,
there's usually an address to report spam, such as "X-Complaints-To: abuse@comcast.net"

Boomer 05-06-2004 06:25 PM

Re: reporting spam

"Phil B" <PHIL@bradley0007-REMOVE-ME-.freeserve.co.uk> did say:

> If I was to see something on a newsgroup that was blatant
> spamming, how would I go about reporting it?
>
> Phil.
>
> (just trying to do my bit)

Hi

Sign up and get an account with Spamcop. www.spamcop.net
That's the easy way.

HTH

nobody here 05-25-2004 09:22 PM

Re: reporting spam

I use a program called "I hate spam". It give the opportuntiy to bounce
back to the sender and also to report to the sender's ISP. Works great
for me.

Gary G. Taylor 05-26-2004 01:50 AM

Re: reporting spam

nobody here wrote:

> I use a program called "I hate spam". It give the opportuntiy to bounce
> back to the sender and also to report to the sender's ISP. Works great
> for me.

Bouncing spam back to the sender is a VERY unwise move. 99% of the From:
addresses in spam are forged and you are just re-sending meaningless crap
to some poor victim who hasn't the vaguest notion of what's going on.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA