Velocity Reviews

-   -   undeletable files? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198468-undeletable-files.html)

Phil B 05-04-2004 12:24 PM

undeletable files?

I have a few divx files I recently downloaded and am now unable to delete?
windows says they are being used by another person, or program.
this is not possible. I am the only user of my pc, and the programs which I
use to watch the files are not running ?

any ideas.

Phil

Isaac 05-04-2004 12:26 PM

Re: undeletable files?

"Phil B" <PHIL@bradley0007-REMOVE-ME-.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

> I have a few divx files I recently downloaded and am now unable to
> delete? windows says they are being used by another person, or
> program. this is not possible. I am the only user of my pc, and the
> programs which I use to watch the files are not running ?
>
> any ideas.
>
> Phil

p2p?

Phil B 05-04-2004 12:30 PM

Re: undeletable files?

"Isaac" <-> wrote in message news:109f2v6o49587cb@corp.supernews.com...
> "Phil B" <PHIL@bradley0007-REMOVE-ME-.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > I have a few divx files I recently downloaded and am now unable to
> > delete? windows says they are being used by another person, or
> > program. this is not possible. I am the only user of my pc, and the
> > programs which I use to watch the files are not running ?
> >
> > any ideas.
> >
> > Phil
> >

> p2p?

is where the files were received, but the programs I use aren't running. I
can delete other files from the same shared folder, but not the .avi files?

Andrew 05-04-2004 02:13 PM

Re: undeletable files?

Start in Safe Mode then delete the file.

Andrew

Buffalo 05-04-2004 05:04 PM

Re: undeletable files?

Try rt clicking on the file and select Properties and make sure Hidden or
Read Only are not checked.
Try closing all other programs not required before trying the delete.
Try to rename the files to something else and then delete.
If you have DOS on your computer, then delete those files from there.
Try it in Safe Mode.
One or more of the above should work.
BTW, what is your OS ?

marriealen 11-20-2010 10:03 AM

My experience

Oh i had the same problem,these files become stacked and are due to long paths,use the tool available at pathtoodeep.com ,it is a free tool which deletes and also searches such undeleteable files and also assists in installation and sharing of long pathed files