Velocity Reviews

-   -   User accounts (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198402-user-accounts.html)

L.Hatherall 05-03-2004 03:41 PM

User accounts

Ok, I know this might seem like a dumb question but how do I specify what
programs each individual user can access in their accounts?
TIA

=?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= 05-03-2004 03:54 PM

Re: User accounts

L.Hatherall wrote:

> Ok, I know this might seem like a dumb question but how do I specify what
> programs each individual user can access in their accounts?
> TIA

For XP Pro, XP Home, Win2K, NT, 98, DOS, UNIX, RSX-11M,
RT-11, AIX, RSTES, CPM, Win3.1, XENIX, HP-UX, CONVEX-OS, or
all of them?

(Please, please don't say all of them :) ) But a clue as to
which operating system would be useful.

If it is XP, this should help:

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=141818

Roger K 05-03-2004 06:33 PM

Re: User accounts

"PalindrÔ~╗me" <sb382638@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> L.Hatherall wrote:
>
> > Ok, I know this might seem like a dumb question but how do I specify

what
> > programs each individual user can access in their accounts?
> > TIA
> >

> For XP Pro, XP Home, Win2K, NT, 98, DOS, UNIX, RSX-11M,
> RT-11, AIX, RSTES, CPM, Win3.1, XENIX, HP-UX, CONVEX-OS, or
> all of them?
>
> (Please, please don't say all of them :) ) But a clue as to
> which operating system would be useful.
>
> If it is XP, this should help:
>
> http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=141818

That helps if you're using XP Pro. If it's XP Home it's more tedious but can
be done using the CACLS command -- search for CACLS on
www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpnetsh.htm.

Roger

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/roger.k/

Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler - Einstein

L.Hatherall 05-03-2004 07:19 PM

Re: User accounts

"PalindrÔ~╗me" <sb382638@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> L.Hatherall wrote:
>
> > Ok, I know this might seem like a dumb question but how do I specify

what
> > programs each individual user can access in their accounts?
> > TIA
> >

> For XP Pro, XP Home, Win2K, NT, 98, DOS, UNIX, RSX-11M,
> RT-11, AIX, RSTES, CPM, Win3.1, XENIX, HP-UX, CONVEX-OS, or
> all of them?
>
> (Please, please don't say all of them :) ) But a clue as to
> which operating system would be useful.
>
> If it is XP, this should help:
>
> http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=141818

Sorry XP....