Velocity Reviews

-   -   ScreenSaver! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198389-screensaver.html)

ALAN MEWS 05-03-2004 12:24 PM

ScreenSaver!

Hi
Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a photograph
that I have taken?

I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have now
forgotten how to do it know.

Many thanks

Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
127MB RAM

Richard 05-03-2004 12:48 PM

Re: ScreenSaver!

"ALAN MEWS" <alanmews@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a photograph
> that I have taken?
>
> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have now
> forgotten how to do it know.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
> 127MB RAM

On the desktop screen, right click and choose properties.
Select the screensaver tab.
If you want the image as wallpaper, just go to the listing of images then
click "browse" and set it.
If you want it as a screensaver, scroll the list and select "my pictures
screen saver".
You'll need to put the image in the "my pictures" folder to show it.
Put in two images of your choice, scrap the others, and you have your
screensaver slide show.

SgtMinor 05-03-2004 12:53 PM

Re: ScreenSaver!

Right click on an empty space on your desktop, and select Properties.

Pool Champ 05-03-2004 01:03 PM

Re: ScreenSaver!

"ALAN MEWS" wrote in message

> Hi
> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a photograph
> that I have taken?
>
> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have now
> forgotten how to do it know.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
> 127MB RAM

Alan, are you sure you mean Screen Saver and not background wallpaper ?
A screen saver should be a moving thingy, not a photograph.
Right click on a blank part of your desktop and select properties, for
wallpaper background select browse and find where your photograph is stored
on your hard drive. Highlight it and Apply. The option to change screen
saver is also done in a similar way.
PC

Scrote 05-03-2004 05:04 PM

Re: ScreenSaver!

ALAN MEWS wrote:
>> Hi
>> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a
>> photograph that I have taken?
>>
>> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I
>> have now forgotten how to do it know.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
>> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
>> 127MB RAM

1.Convert picture to bitmap
2.Select "3D Flying Objects" Screensaver then Settings/Texture & chose
altered image. Season to taste.
3.Robert should now be your sisters brother.
HTH

--
The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.

Toolman Tim 05-04-2004 01:20 AM

Re: ScreenSaver!

> "ALAN MEWS" <alanmews@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a

photograph
> > that I have taken?
> >
> > I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I have

now
> > forgotten how to do it know.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
> > GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
> > 127MB RAM
> >

> On the desktop screen, right click and choose properties.
> Select the screensaver tab.
> If you want the image as wallpaper, just go to the listing of images then
> click "browse" and set it.
> If you want it as a screensaver, scroll the list and select "my pictures
> screen saver".
> You'll need to put the image in the "my pictures" folder to show it.
> Put in two images of your choice, scrap the others, and you have your
> screensaver slide show.

(Richard, Windows 98 and 98SE didn't have the "My Pictures"
screensaver...good advice for the newer OS though.)

To do what Richard suggested wouldn't be hard with one of many available
programs - search Google for "make my own screensaver".

Results 1 - 10 of about 291,000 for make my own screensaver. (0.39 seconds)

Smirnoff 05-04-2004 07:16 AM

Re: ScreenSaver!

Scrote wrote:
> ALAN MEWS wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> Can/will someone remind me how to change the Screen Saver to a
>>> photograph that I have taken?
>>>
>>> I think I changed the default Screen Savers a long time ago but I
>>> have now forgotten how to do it know.
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Using: Microsoft Windows 98 SE
>>> GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
>>> 127MB RAM

> 1.Convert picture to bitmap
> 2.Select "3D Flying Objects" Screensaver then Settings/Texture & chose
> altered image. Season to taste.
> 3.Robert should now be your sisters brother.
> HTH

Eh? Mothers brother?