Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bittorrent Download/Upload Speed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198324-bittorrent-download-upload-speed.html)

cc 05-02-2004 05:27 PM

Bittorrent Download/Upload Speed

Hi,

I got a response to this earlier but had another question. How do I set
the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.

Thanks
Charlie

Unk 05-02-2004 05:37 PM

Re: Bittorrent Download/Upload Speed

On Sun, 02 May 2004 17:27:36 GMT, cc <geezer1016@earthlilnk.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I got a response to this earlier but had another question. How do I set
>the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
>open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
>from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
>slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
>connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
> How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
>that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
>
>Thanks
>Charlie

Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for the DSL modem.
MTU-1492 RWIN-32767
Tweak test: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Make any recomended changes with their "DrTCP", reboot and test again.
http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.zip

Test your speed before, and after optimizing:
http://speedcheck2.optonline.net/spe...peedcheck.html
(Requires Java)

Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...a04af2b34d.exe

Lord Jester 05-02-2004 06:05 PM

cc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a response to this earlier another question. How do I set
> the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
> open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
> from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
> slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
> connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
> How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
> that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
>
> Thanks
> Charlie

From what I hear it is also dependent on what you a sharing also.
It your not sharing anything then you get lower speeds. 512 Mega Bit
DSL will get you around... 80KB/sec I believe. But good luck on
reaching that. :) I have a 3 Mega bit cable connection and rarely
see anything beyond 500KB/sec.Unless of course I'm transferring
directly from PC to PC then it's 1000-1400.

JesterDev

JesterDev

Gareth not NLL or anybody else. 05-02-2004 07:19 PM

"cc" <geezer1016@earthlilnk.net> wrote in message
news:ccalc.1845$a47.92@newsread3.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
> Hi,
>
> I got a response to this earlier but had another question. How do I set
> the DL/UL speed for Bittorrent. I did manage to set my D-Link router to
> open the necessary ports but my download speed is still about ranges
> from 35 to 50 Kib/s and upload about 10 to 15 Kib/s. That seems a little
> slower than what I have been hearing from others. I have a DSL
> connection which is about 512 MB I believe.
> How what could I adjust to increase this, earlier someone mentioned
> that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.
>
> Thanks
> Charlie

I take it you are using the official bittorent which doesn't allow you to
set much.
Download the shadow experimental one from http://bittornado.com/
Its a lot better and allows you to set your max upload speed

Gaz