Velocity Reviews

-   -   Installed Flash but popups now crash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t198209-installed-flash-but-popups-now-crash.html)

Fidcal 05-01-2004 08:51 AM

Installed Flash but popups now crash

I was at a site yesterday and got a dialog 'install Macromedia
Flash?' I clicked yes and within moments, without any other
messages, the flash menu in the page started working OK. I was a
little surprised how quickly it installed.

Now today I find that ordinary popups don't work. I get a new
window but it just captures whatever desktop is behind it and
doesn't update and an hourglass remains permanently. This also
happens also if I Ctrl+Shift+Left mouse click on a link to open
it in a new window. Just selecting NEW from the file menu
correctly duplicates the current window.

I am using Win98 1st edition, Internet Explorer 6. Any ideas how
I can repair this?

°Mike° 05-01-2004 03:42 PM

Re: Installed Flash but popups now crash

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

On Sat, 01 May 2004 09:51:19 +0100, in
<hoo69052h48a3dudiqu3ppme4gb1q9te3r@4ax.com>
Fidcal scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Fidcal 05-02-2004 07:48 AM

Re: Installed Flash but popups now crash

Thanks, I'll check these out.

Hey! Some useful info on your site and written very clearly
which makes a change from some sites I've visited. Though I
reckon you might change your sig to 'Basic Windows maintenance'
as 'Basic computer maintenance' sounds a bit like hardware?

°Mike° 05-02-2004 04:11 PM

Re: Installed Flash but popups now crash

On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:48:09 +0100, in
<0n9990lq8cko44tjr3tugb5qv6n8bc8tbm@4ax.com>
Fidcal scrawled:

>Thanks, I'll check these out.

You're welcome.

>Hey! Some useful info on your site and written very clearly
>which makes a change from some sites I've visited.

Thanks.

>Though I reckon you might change your sig to 'Basic Windows
>maintenance' as 'Basic computer maintenance' sounds a bit
>like hardware?

Whereas 'Basic Windows Maintenance' sounds like an
advert for a double glazing firm? <g>

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim 05-02-2004 05:03 PM

"°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:48:09 +0100, in
> <0n9990lq8cko44tjr3tugb5qv6n8bc8tbm@4ax.com>
> Fidcal scrawled:
>
> >Thanks, I'll check these out.

> You're welcome.
>
> >Hey! Some useful info on your site and written very clearly
> >which makes a change from some sites I've visited.

> Thanks.
>
> >Though I reckon you might change your sig to 'Basic Windows
> >maintenance' as 'Basic computer maintenance' sounds a bit
> >like hardware?

> Whereas 'Basic Windows Maintenance' sounds like an
> advert for a double glazing firm? <g>
>
> <snip>

I work for a company that makes window (and door) parts...we don't need
windows maintenance like the computers do <g>

°Mike° 05-02-2004 05:06 PM

Re: Installed Flash but popups now crash

On Sun, 2 May 2004 10:03:38 -0700, in
<109aafmn9kl3k2b@corp.supernews.com>
Toolman Tim scrawled:

>"°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 02 May 2004 08:48:09 +0100, in
>> <0n9990lq8cko44tjr3tugb5qv6n8bc8tbm@4ax.com>
>> Fidcal scrawled:
>>
>> >Thanks, I'll check these out.

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> >Hey! Some useful info on your site and written very clearly
>> >which makes a change from some sites I've visited.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> >Though I reckon you might change your sig to 'Basic Windows
>> >maintenance' as 'Basic computer maintenance' sounds a bit
>> >like hardware?

>> Whereas 'Basic Windows Maintenance' sounds like an
>> advert for a double glazing firm? <g>
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>I work for a company that makes window (and door) parts...we don't need
>windows maintenance like the computers do <g>

That's what they all say. <g>

--
Basic computer maintenance