Velocity Reviews

-   -   OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t197696-oops-just-deleted-some-important-files-from-hard-disk.html)

Colin 04-24-2004 01:57 AM

OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

As the title says I've just deletd some important files off my hard disk ,
thinking that I had a CD back up them... No prizes fro guessing that the CD
didn't exist , except in my own mind!!!>

Any suggestion on the best, and easiest ( free ) tool or method to use to
try and retrieve?

btw, I saw the message that the files ( 3 big zip files) were too big for
the recyle big, just before I pressed the "go for it " button
TIA.

--
Regards Colin

Boomer 04-24-2004 02:09 AM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

"Colin" <colann2K@bigfoot.com.au> wrote in

> As the title says I've just deletd some important files off my
> hard disk , thinking that I had a CD back up them... No prizes fro
> guessing that the CD didn't exist , except in my own mind!!!>
>

> Any suggestion on the best, and easiest ( free ) tool or method
> to use to try and retrieve?
>

> btw, I saw the message that the files ( 3 big zip files) were too
> big for the recyle big, just before I pressed the "go for it "
> button TIA.

You might want to read this
PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

ispcom 04-24-2004 03:05 AM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

do as little on your machine and get a program like "fix-it" that has a file
recovery program in it.

good luck

Colin 04-24-2004 03:16 AM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

Thanks for the pointer.

Unfortunately seems that I did a really good job on deleting.. no sign or
trace of the particular folder that I need.

One Positive is that the daa was not on the main system disk so that
installing the pgm wasn't gong to interfer with disk space allocation..

While I was looking arond I came across anther programme that can run direct
from a floppy and so doesn't need installing. This one would not have been
able to recover anything different either..

In case it benefits others... here is the info..
Restoration Version 2.5.14
http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/sy...recovery.shtml

rgds

news:4089cc40$0$52255$892e7fe2@authen.puce.readfre enews.net...

Boomer 04-24-2004 04:16 AM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

"ispcom" <nospam@isp.com> wrote in

> do as little on your machine and get a program like "fix-it" that
> has a file recovery program in it.
>
> good luck

Why tell me??

Please reply to the person who asked the question.

Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

Thank you. :-)

ProfGene 04-24-2004 03:10 PM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

There are companies that charge lots of money to retrieve lost data so it is
a question of how important they are. I have seen some programs that claim
to do it but don't know if they really work.

Jane 04-24-2004 04:34 PM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

Colin

I tried sending you an email to your email address
shown it came back rejected.
Is that your correct email address???
I do have information that may assist you.

Pls. advise if you want further assistance

"Colin" <colann2K@bigfoot.com.au> wrote in message
..

slumpy 04-24-2004 05:07 PM

Re: OOps - just deleted some important files from Hard disk

....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Jane decided it
was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

> Colin
>
> I tried sending you an email to your email address
> shown it came back rejected.
> Is that your correct email address???
> I do have information that may assist you.
>
> Pls. advise if you want further assistance

Post here rather than send private email, as /knowledgeable/ people do not
post using their real addresses.

Plus any information you have may help others.
--
slumpy
no more