Velocity Reviews

-   -   End Program (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t197092-end-program.html)

cheekycharlie 04-16-2004 10:19 AM

End Program

Hi
When I shut down my PC, I sometimes get an alert which reads: END PROGRAM -
Iexplore.ex
This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status of
the program, click cancel.
If you choose to end the program you will lose any unsaved data. To end the
program now click END NOW.

Is there a way of preventing this from happening?
Thanks
CC:-(

Jackjlkjlkj532 04-16-2004 02:51 PM

Re: End Program

Don't shut it down :)

Unk 04-16-2004 05:12 PM

Re: End Program

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:19:04 +0000 (UTC), "cheekycharlie"
<michaelbradley171@mybtopenworld.com> wrote:

>Hi
>When I shut down my PC, I sometimes get an alert which reads: END PROGRAM -
>Iexplore.ex
>This program is not responding. To return to Windows and check the status of
>the program, click cancel.
>If you choose to end the program you will lose any unsaved data. To end the
>program now click END NOW.
>
>Is there a way of preventing this from happening?
>Thanks
>CC:-(

I've seen that quite often after completing a Windows Update.
Just close IE first, then shutdown.

Blinky the Shark 04-16-2004 06:11 PM

Re: End Program

http://mozilla.org

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult): http://snipurl.com/ugliest

christina anderson 04-17-2004 06:25 AM

Re: End Program

Not sure if your question has been answered, but if not, try: ctrl + alt +
delete....this will bring you to a screen where you click task
manager...from there you can end a program which is not responding.