Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Important Newsgroup Virus Information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t19695-re-important-newsgroup-virus-information.html)

Kevin Spencer 09-02-2003 02:18 PM

Re: Important Newsgroup Virus Information

> There have been numerous reports about a new virus circulating the
newsgroups. Please click here for more information. Thank you.

And how do we know that the web page you posted doesn't contain some
mechanism for GIVING us a virus? How about sending a URL of a page on a
reputable well-known site that we can find out more information from?

Otherwise, I would advise everyone NOT to go to that page.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big Things are made up of
Lots of Little Things.

news:5y15b.116941$yg.33711580@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv. net...

William Ryan 09-02-2003 02:41 PM

Re: Important Newsgroup Virus Information

Yes, amazingly the same Virus Information page has the same URL as the Osama
Bin Laden sex joke post below.

That's a very diversified page indeed.