Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Best way to send pictures by email??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t196819-best-way-to-send-pictures-by-email.html)

~~AAJakeleg 04-13-2004 03:54 AM

Best way to send pictures by email???
 
I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and optimize
them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.

However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express, the
only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.

I like people to be able to forward my messages and pictures, but when I
insert the pictures in order to order them and caption them, many people
find that the images do not forward with the text.

I'm sure this might be because of incorrect settings on their end, but I
have no control over that.

What is the best way to send pics, ordered and captioned, but also to allow
the email to be forwarded exactly the same, in tact? Making a web page is
not really an option in this case either.

I'd basically like the email to be formatted and sent and to be forwardable
exactly the same.

Thanks in advance.



Unk 04-13-2004 04:00 AM

Re: Best way to send pictures by email???
 
Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
set in Tools / Options / Send / HTML Settings.

Perhaps make the first line of your email message the above instruction?


On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:54:04 -0500, " ~~AAJakeleg" <no@no.no>
wrote:

>I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and optimize
>them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.
>
>However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express, the
>only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
>Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.
>
>I like people to be able to forward my messages and pictures, but when I
>insert the pictures in order to order them and caption them, many people
>find that the images do not forward with the text.
>
>I'm sure this might be because of incorrect settings on their end, but I
>have no control over that.
>
>What is the best way to send pics, ordered and captioned, but also to allow
>the email to be forwarded exactly the same, in tact? Making a web page is
>not really an option in this case either.
>
>I'd basically like the email to be formatted and sent and to be forwardable
>exactly the same.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>



Blinky the Shark 04-13-2004 04:38 AM

Re: Best way to send pictures by email???
 
~~AAJakeleg wrote:
> I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and optimize
> them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.


> However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express, the
> only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
> Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.


Put your captions on the image, not in the email, with your graphics
app. If you (understandably) don't want to deface the images, slap them into
a new image that's X pixels greater in height, and caption them in the
thus-created extra space at the bottom.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
http://blinkynet.net
http://blinkynet.net/spag/w2000src.html - Win Source Code Leak

Blinky the Shark 04-13-2004 04:40 AM

Re: Best way to send pictures by email???
 
Unk wrote:
> Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
> set in Tools / Options / Send / HTML Settings.


> Perhaps make the first line of your email message the above instruction?


Perhaps that assumes that everyone that's going to pass the email along is
using OE?

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
http://blinkynet.net
http://blinkynet.net/spag/w2000src.html - Win Source Code Leak

viv 04-17-2004 07:29 AM

Re: Best way to send pictures by email???
 
One thing you could do is start your own group on msn load the pictures on
to that and you can then place them in any order of you choice and add
captions and its all free you then direct people to that page and they can
view and add pictures of their own I did this and my family just go to that
page for my latest pictures
"Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrnc7mrla.ivi.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...
> ~~AAJakeleg wrote:
> > I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and

optimize
> > them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.

>
> > However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express,

the
> > only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
> > Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.

>
> Put your captions on the image, not in the email, with your graphics
> app. If you (understandably) don't want to deface the images, slap them

into
> a new image that's X pixels greater in height, and caption them in the
> thus-created extra space at the bottom.
>
> --
> Blinky Linux RU 4892F
> http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
> http://blinkynet.net
> http://blinkynet.net/spag/w2000src.html - Win Source Code Leak





All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.