Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to clean Epson printer head ?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t196450-how-to-clean-epson-printer-head.html)

h 04-08-2004 03:24 PM

How to clean Epson printer head ??

I have an Epson 400 deskjet, but not used in a long time.
Now I need to print, and a lot of the nozzls are clogged up.

Used the "clean head" feature several times, inserted new ink cartridges,
but hardly any improvement.

How can I clean the printer head ??

Thanks for your suggestions, Heinz

PuddleNuts 04-08-2004 06:11 PM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

h wrote:
> I have an Epson 400 deskjet, but not used in a long time.
> Now I need to print, and a lot of the nozzls are clogged up.
>
> Used the "clean head" feature several times, inserted new ink cartridges,
> but hardly any improvement.
>
> How can I clean the printer head ??
>

> Thanks for your suggestions, Heinz

Q-tip and Isopropyl Alcohol.

--
Your proctologist called, they found your head.

Unknown 04-08-2004 06:26 PM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

What is several times?? I have to run mine many, many times especially after
putting in a new cartridge. Need to get the air out.
news:a9edc.13732$Jo2.6614@newssvr15.news.prodigy.c om...

h 04-08-2004 09:15 PM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

> > I have an Epson 400 deskjet, but not used in a long time.
> > Now I need to print, and a lot of the nozzls are clogged up.
> >
> > Used the "clean head" feature several times, inserted new ink

cartridges,
> > but hardly any improvement.
> >
> > How can I clean the printer head ??
> >

> Q-tip and Isopropyl Alcohol.

Should I disassemble the printer, and take out the printer head ??

Andy 04-09-2004 12:57 AM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

"h" <heinz@NOSPAM.stratos.net> wrote in message
news:a9edc.13732$Jo2.6614@newssvr15.news.prodigy.c om...
> I have an Epson 400 deskjet, but not used in a long time.
> Now I need to print, and a lot of the nozzls are clogged up.
>
> Used the "clean head" feature several times, inserted new ink cartridges,
> but hardly any improvement.
>
> How can I clean the printer head ??
>

> Thanks for your suggestions, Heinz

The best method to clean Epson's nozzles is to replace Epson with Canon
printer or any other make existed. I kept this trash for a month or so and
would not print even one decent picture until I replaced it with HP 2000C
and now I have one more printer Canon i850. I never had to clean nozzles or
print heads in this printers. As my hobby is photography I print hundreds of
high resolution pictures every month so trust me. Never again Epson. For
more comments visit rec.photo.digital.

reid decker 04-09-2004 03:41 AM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

Epsons are not Deskjets. HPs are Deskjets. Anyhow try a turkey baster,
place it over the gizmotchees that stick up under the cartridge holders and
squeeze it several times on each one. One black and 3 or 4 color. It has
worked for me, but your cartridges need to be good.

Spooky 04-09-2004 05:02 AM

Re: How to clean Epson printer head ??

An old toothbrush and alcohol worked well on my ink jet.
Avoid cotton, the fibers get caught in the jets.

PuddleNuts 04-09-2004 07:39 PM

Good advice, ****wit!

--
When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?

Andy 04-09-2004 07:45 PM

"PuddleNuts" <nevermind@adelphia.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>
> > The best method to clean Epson's nozzles is to replace Epson with Canon
> > printer or any other make existed. I kept this trash for a month or so

and
> > would not print even one decent picture until I replaced it with HP

2000C
> > and now I have one more printer Canon i850. I never had to clean nozzles

or
> > print heads in this printers. As my hobby is photography I print

hundreds of
> > high resolution pictures every month so trust me. Never again Epson. For
> > more comments visit rec.photo.digital.

> Good advice, ****wit!

Same to you.