Velocity Reviews

-   -   Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t195618-critical-update-for-windows-media-player-script-commands-kb828026.html)

William 03-06-2004 08:23 PM

Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

This update keeps showing up when I scan for updates on the Windows update
page. Installation history now shows it being installed several times. Any
ideas why it keeps showing up? I couldn't find anything about it on the
microsoft support page.

Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media Player
Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
Successful Thursday, March 04, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
Successful Wednesday, March 03, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update

Craziness 03-06-2004 08:57 PM

Re: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

"William" <snoid_pdx@_REMOVETOREPLY_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This update keeps showing up when I scan for updates on the Windows update
> page. Installation history now shows it being installed several times. Any
> ideas why it keeps showing up? I couldn't find anything about it on the
> microsoft support page.
>
> Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)
>
> Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media Player
> Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
> Successful Thursday, March 04, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
> Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update
> Successful Wednesday, March 03, 2004 Critical Update for Windows Media
> Player Script Commands (KB828026) Automatic update

This happened to me all the time too, it even wanted me to do Autowindows
update, over and over again. I was using a preinstalled Windows pro xp, but
I reformatted to use what I had, which was home xp. Its weird...I haven't
had a problem since. But its just a coincidence. Sorry can't help ya, just
can relate,
L8r

°Mike° 03-06-2004 09:22 PM

Re: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

Close IE and clear your temporary internet files from
Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check
the box to include all offline content.

Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the
C:\Windows\WUTemp and C:\Windows\msdownld.tmp
folders. Empty them if they contain anything.

Go to the 'Downloaded Programs Files' folder, and find
the Microsoft update ActiveX class. It should be named
'Update class', and if you right click and choose 'Properties',
it should point to:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...ansi/iuctl.CAB
Right click and choose 'Remove'.

Next, search your drive (Find / Files) for the following
two files, and delete them: iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll .

Lastly, go to the C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4
folder and delete everything.

Now check that your internet zone in Control Panel / Internet
Options / Security is set to 'Default'.

Visit Windows Update again.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

IMPORTANT: You must disable your antivirus before visiting
Windows Update, otherwise the iuctl.dll file may not be
installed, or may be corrupted.

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:23:02 GMT, in
<Gqq2c.191697$uV3.791083@attbi_s51>
William scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

William 03-07-2004 02:33 AM

Re: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

Didn't seem to work. I still get prompted to install that darn update
even though it has been installed multiple times.

°Mike° <ZHNTPDWBLECA@fcnzzbgry.pbz> wrote in

°Mike° 03-07-2004 02:52 AM

Re: Critical Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026)

Visit the Windows Update troubleshooter.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:33:53 GMT, in
<lSv2c.130871$4o.169020@attbi_s52>
William scrawled: