Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can I find what UDF packet writing software is on my system? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t195552-how-can-i-find-what-udf-packet-writing-software-is-on-my-system.html)

nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid 03-06-2004 04:30 AM

How can I find what UDF packet writing software is on my system?

In order to back up my system files to dvd, the dvd must first be
formatted. I have the full Nero 6.3 installed with the exception of
InCD which is that portion of Nero which formats DVDs. I can't seem to
install InCD and get it running because it reports there is another
UDF packet-writing program presently running on my system. I have no
idea what that program is and how I might find it. I deleted Sonic's
RecordNow as well as Windows Media Player. (Nero online support said
it contained Adaptec something or other which interfered with InCD.)

I'm not exactly pleased with Nero 6.3. It's far too much a program for
my meager needs and the help available from Nero is far too deep for
me to understand (or want to understand.) I just want to format DVDs
so I can back up my system.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find out how to identify UDF
packet-writing software on my system?

TIA for your assistance.

Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
Reply by Post Only Please

gb 03-06-2004 09:27 AM

Re: How can I find what UDF packet writing software is on my system?

May not be relevant, but a UDF reader used to be installed with Easy CD,
especially if the CD drive wasn't able to inherently read CDRW disks. An
entry used to be created in Add/Remove programs, which could be removed if
required.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth a shot!

gb

Adi 03-06-2004 10:11 AM

Re: How can I find what UDF packet writing software is on my system?

You need UDF READER (Roxio) and EASYREADER (NERO) for universal use.

advo@siol.net

<nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid> je napisal v sporočilo

nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid 03-07-2004 06:14 PM

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:11:52 +0100, "Adi" <adolf.vouk@siol.net> wrote:

>You need UDF READER (Roxio) and EASYREADER (NERO) for universal use.
>
>advo@siol.net

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I'm not sure how your
response relates to the problem I'm having,

I'm not looking to READ an already existing CD or a DVD. I want simply
to have the ability to format a DVD in order that I might save system
files to it. I have no ability at present to format any DVD because
there is some piece of packet-writing software on my system which
precludes the installation of any other program which also contains
UDF packet-writing software. I am attempting to identify what the
program (which already exists on my system) may be but have no sense
as to where to look. Is there some particular file extension I should
search for? Some particular registry entry? I'm totally lost and
clueless here.

nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid 03-07-2004 06:22 PM

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:27:13 +0000 (UTC), "gb" <gb@gbgbgb.gb> wrote:

>May not be relevant, but a UDF reader used to be installed with Easy CD,
>especially if the CD drive wasn't able to inherently read CDRW disks. An
>entry used to be created in Add/Remove programs, which could be removed if
>required.
>
>I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth a shot!

Thank you for responding.

Perhaps I'm missing something in your remarks as well as those
prestented by Adi. I've never installed any version of Roxio on my
system, nor is there any listing in the Add/Remove of the Control
Panel. I am simply lost here and can't figure out what UDF
packet-writing software already exists or even how to identify it.

Got any other ideas?