Velocity Reviews

-   -   More on MUNGING E-MAIL ADDRESS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t195469-more-on-munging-e-mail-address.html)

Earl Brant 03-05-2004 09:16 AM

More on MUNGING E-MAIL ADDRESS

In reference to below my question is:
When I change my address in OE News accounts will that change my regular
OE e-mail address so people I normally write to (outside of News Groups)
will not be able to write me?
THANKS AGAIN!!!

*****ORIGINAL MESSAGE***** in brackets [[[ ]]]
[[[Could some of you KIND folk (including MVP's) be so kind as to instruct,
share and tell me how to SUCCESSFULLY MUNGE my e-mail address in Outlook
Express 6? THANKS A MILLION for your consideration and
consideration!!!!!]]]

Chris 03-05-2004 09:28 AM

Re: More on MUNGING E-MAIL ADDRESS

No, your OE address remains the same

news:lzX1c.21158$zT1.8536@newssvr31.news.prodigy.c om...

Ionizer 03-05-2004 09:32 AM

Re: More on MUNGING E-MAIL ADDRESS

"Earl Brant" <e.b.brant@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:lzX1c.21158$zT1.8536@newssvr31.news.prodigy.c om...
> In reference to below my question is:
> When I change my address in OE News accounts will that change my

regular
> OE e-mail address so people I normally write to (outside of News Groups)
> will not be able to write me?
> THANKS AGAIN!!

Look more closely at the recommendations you were given and you'll see that
they apply to your "news" settings only, and not to your "mail" settings.
As such, only the return address you use when posting to the newsgroups is
altered.

But be aware that it is quite possibly too late already- you have posted to
Usenet at least twice now, using your real email address in your headers.
Unfortunately, the spambots work very quickly and you will probably begin
receiving spam very shortly. Still, it would be a good idea to munge your
address or use a disposable (ie Hotmail, as I do) address before posting
again.

Regards,
Ian.