Velocity Reviews

-   -   xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t194825-xp-pro-oe-slow-as-a-wet-w-end.html)

jils 02-26-2004 07:21 AM

xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

i just installed xp pro.
now my OE takes an inordinate time to start up.
i could go away and make a coffee while it starts.
no, really, the start up page stays on the screen for a full minute!

anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix it?
thanks ...
jils

$Kip 02-26-2004 07:24 AM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

Me too..
news:403d9e6c$0$4259$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au ...

jils 02-26-2004 07:44 AM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

maybe we could go for a coffee together while we wait <snort>

jils 02-26-2004 07:49 AM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

ok solving my own problems .. just ran spybot and adaware. they cleaned up
some crappy stuff and now my OE seems to be running more like its old self
... $kip, maybe you could try the same solution?

Dan Shea 02-26-2004 07:55 AM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:21:14 +1100, "jils"
<jils@SPAMBEGONEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

>i just installed xp pro.
>now my OE takes an inordinate time to start up.
>i could go away and make a coffee while it starts.
>no, really, the start up page stays on the screen for a full minute!
>
>anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix it?
>thanks ...
>jils

What's your processor speed and RAM? Other than general system
slowness, there could be a number of reasons for OE to be slow to
launch. You may find the following link helpful:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm

Cheers,
dan

Declan Swan 02-26-2004 01:45 PM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

jils wrote:
> i just installed xp pro.
> now my OE takes an inordinate time to start up.
> i could go away and make a coffee while it starts.
> no, really, the start up page stays on the screen for a full minute!
>
> anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix
> it? thanks ...
> jils

Get either a new computer, or remaster you PC.

Failing that, just try:

Start-> run
type: msconfig

kill of anything that may be running

Try dat.

Declan Swan 02-26-2004 01:45 PM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Declan Swan 02-26-2004 01:45 PM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end

Declan Swan 02-26-2004 01:49 PM

Re: xp pro, oe slow as a wet w/end