Velocity Reviews

-   -   Filesharing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t19457-filesharing.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Ftcnlu?= 11-17-2005 11:35 PM

Filesharing

Alright, I have 3 computers on my wireless network. Using the network wizard,
I managed to get two of them sharing files. But when I went to add the third
one, I lost my second one (meaning can't share files). Now PC 1 and 2 won't
share with anything, and PC 3 will share with PC 1 and 2. I'd like to either
get rid of PC 3, which I don't really need anyway (the one that screwed it up
in the first place) or fix the problem entirely. Is there any way?

RickB 11-19-2005 01:49 PM

Re: Filesharing

After three days of looking I found the fix for this common problem.

1-Go to Start-Run-regedit.
2-Lookup HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Lsa.
3-In the right pane check key restrictanonymous.
4-The value should be zero if it isn't right click on it, select modify and
enter "0" (zero).

You may have to do this on your server and each machine if you have two way
errors. -Good luck-

=?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGll?= 11-24-2005 11:38 PM

RE: Filesharing

Hello
I want to setup a wireless adhoc network for my two laptops using no cables
I think I have configured the computers to connect but cant seem to get them
to share files can you help since you already got your network working on two
computers both have the same intel wireless cards, both running windows XP
and have service pack2
Cheers

ANONYMOUS 11-25-2005 12:22 AM

Re: Filesharing