Velocity Reviews

-   -   older game diskettes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t193667-older-game-diskettes.html)

Puzzled 02-13-2004 12:44 AM

older game diskettes

I have several older games on 5 1/4" diskettes. Since that size floppy
drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.

docmill 02-13-2004 01:04 AM

Re: older game diskettes

Puzzled wrote on Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:44:02 GMT :

> I have several older games on 5 1/4" diskettes. Since that size floppy
> drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
> But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
> to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.

Seems like a waste to spend 6 bucks on a new drive, just to copy a few
floppies. Have you searched the internet for the games to see if you can
download them? There are sites that have old DOS games for downloading.

--
++++++++ SEND ME A LINK ++++++++
Docmill's "HOME OF THE HOT LINKS IN THE FRYING SPAM"

Mara 02-13-2004 01:05 AM

Re: older game diskettes

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:44:02 -0500, Puzzled wrote:

>I have several older games on 5 1/4" diskettes. Since that size floppy
>drive is rare, I thought about copying each of them onto a 3.5" diskette.
>But I don't have a 5 1/4" drive. Is there any place or person I can hire
>to do the copying or should I just go to underdogs? Suggestions please.

Have you tried looking on ebay for one?

http://snipurl.com/4gxr

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98