Velocity Reviews

-   -   CD Roms? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t193501-cd-roms.html)

Lord Haw-Haw 02-11-2004 05:14 PM

CD Roms?

Can one repair a CD Disk
Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

Brian H 02-11-2004 06:18 PM

Re: CD Roms?

Lord Haw-Haw said:

> Can one repair a CD Disk

No.

> Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
> Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

Stand your coffee cup on it and think about how you should have made a copy and
kept it in a safe(r) place.

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ 02-11-2004 09:50 PM

Re: CD Roms?

Lord Haw-Haw wrote:

> Can one repair a CD Disk
> Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
> Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

Technically, you SHOULD be able to simply put it into your CD Drive
(tray loading, not a slot, god help us all!) and copy from it to HD,
then burn a new CD.

You may have some luck using glue to hold it together, but that's dicey.
Don't even consider any form of tape - you'll throw it way off balance.

If all else fails and its a CD Rom install disk for some program, you
could call the comp's helpline and see if they'd sell you a replacement
at minimal $$. (Maybe you'd have to send back the damaged disk.)

MichaelJ@BuffNET.net
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Lord Haw-Haw 02-11-2004 10:32 PM

Re: CD Roms?

Called the place and a wee bit out of date only the magazine
i stuffed in the cd /dvd drive and wont pick up lest i got the service pack
on xp saved this is the tweek xp
and they reson is eavy time i down load i get cut off so dont do much of it
any way thanks for the thourts and info i sit and pick my nose and have a
think Cheers