Velocity Reviews

-   -   ASUS Motherboard Internal Audio Hookups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t193435-asus-motherboard-internal-audio-hookups.html)

rfdjr1@optonline.net 02-10-2004 09:23 PM

ASUS Motherboard Internal Audio Hookups

I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ghostrider 02-10-2004 09:46 PM

Re: ASUS Motherboard Internal Audio Hookups

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:

> I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
> in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
> motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
> of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
> wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.

There should be descriptions on the header blocks from
the front panel wires. Go to the P4C800 manual and match
up the header blocks to their corresponding pins on the
motherboard. Be patient...hookup is easy. Having long-
nosed pliers or forceps also helps in inserting them.

rfdjr1@optonline.net 02-11-2004 01:21 AM

Re: ASUS Motherboard Internal Audio Hookups

Thanks. I see on the header blocks for the four plugs, Ear-R, Ear-L,
Mic Data and Gnd.

In the manual, for the Front audio panel connector, I see:
Mic 2
Agnd
Micpwr
+5A
Line Out R
B Line Out R
NC
Line Out L
B Line Out L

The side by side pins that say Line Out R and B Line Out R and Line
Out L and B Line Out L are grey in the manual and show no pin, where
as the others are white and show a pin (didn't get a chance tonight to
open the case and eyeball things.

Can you tell me there the header blocks go on the motherboard? Thanks
again.

Budweiser 02-11-2004 02:15 AM

<rfdjr1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
> in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
> motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
> of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
> wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.

From a quick scan of the manual
ftp://www.asus.it/pub/ASUS/mb/sock47...224_p4c800.pdf

mic in and headphones are already provided on the outputs of the board
The audio conector you see is for direct input

Just because you have a case with a built in port does not mean that you can
connect a motherboard to it----got a firewire on the front of mine---mmm-no
wires,no where to connect